PDA

View Full Version : GOLDIE LAST NITE / TODAY

gawby
20-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Decided to go for a little fish last nite and got on the water at about 8pm at the Grand ramp. Brejen, Brett came with me and we met up with Lontail, Jason and Crestcutter, Darryl.
We went out to spot x on the 18s and fished for about 3 hrs and cought nothing but a few tiddlers.
Jason caught a need a feed of tailor which he was happy about. ;)
We recieved a call from the mighty vesel Need a Feed that a crew member was not feeling the best and they were returning to the ramp. [smiley=sick2.gif] I felt sorry for them as i had been spewing for the last hour. ;D ;D ;D We decided to go back and make sure they were ok.
As a result we said goodbye to Jason and the Cresty boarded the Gawby II and stayed with us for the moring assault. :D
We went back out at about 5-30am and went up off jumpin pin on the 36s and had a good morning bagging out on pearlies and a couple of other types. :)
Back at the ramp at 10am and we departed company with crestcutter and headed home.
Due to modern tech, Crestcutter has a video of the mornings activities and Brett has a couple of pics to post. I left my camera at home, a smart move. :P
Next time,
Graeme

kingcobe
20-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Top report can't wait for the pics

Darryl
20-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Yeppers poor old Jason , nothing worse than being crook at sea. :-/ ;D Ok enough bullshi&&in ;D

Lucky i dont eat fish and never take any home, seems i can always get a ride with someone else hey Gawb. The Gawby 2 is a nice rig mate, it's a credit too you, and thanks for letting me take the helm for 25 odd k's too. #;D Gawb you nearly made me hurl with all your hurling today, i must say though you just hurl and fish, hurl and fish, hurl and fish ;D Your a legend mate.

Couple of events jumped in our lap today with one of them being the first time i have seen a v sheet on a vessell in distress. Houseboat was going down near wavebreak with a 65 yr old trying to save her. Funny how before we got there , there must have been 25 boats that just went past the houseboat and didn't give a crap or were to stupid to know what a v sheet was. Anyways im sure Brett will allaborate more as he wasn't very happy with the lack of help this poor old fella was given.

Long story short, houseboat saved , by us and then coast guard took over (good on ya fellas) , caught a swag of fish, and had the typical take the mickey out of each other and anyone else that crossed our paths #sort of day.

Thanks fellas , looking forward too the next trip.

Darryl.

longtail
20-05-2006, 08:59 PM
good onyas fellas , glad ya put some scaly things in the icebox ;)

in my defence last night was my first attempt offshore at night , have to say it was the anchor lights dissappearing that made me crook.

i admit swell was minimal , but see those lights dissappear every now and then was enough to make me feel uneasy and it just got worse from there ::)

as graeme said i did manage a couple of nice tailor of around 40cms , both taken on the bottom rigs in 100ft of water. we did also have some chopping the surface next to the boat at one stage too ;).

big thanks to darryl for his guidance in crossing the bar at night , also to brett for his spotx :-X ;)

apart from illness , a great trip with good mates can't wait till the next one :D

cheers
jason

Darryl
20-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Good onya Jason, if it's any help mate Gawb hurled regulary and you didn't,so in your defence you did well.. ;D

Next time mate.

Darryl.

gawby
20-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Ive gotta do somthing to get a good burly trail going ;D ;D ;D ;D :-[

Darryl
20-05-2006, 09:11 PM
Was more like a bloody oil slick Gawb, you gotta stop eating choclate in your boat mate. :-[ ;D ;D

longtail
20-05-2006, 09:16 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D

oil slick LMAO :D

skippa
20-05-2006, 10:17 PM
Ive gotta do somthing to get a good burly trail going

Geez Graeme,

Least you could do is eat some Sardines before you go out .... #;D ;D ;D ;D

maztez
21-05-2006, 07:06 AM
Hey guys glad you had a reasonable catch ;D thought you would have caught more with so much burley going around ::) ::)suppose the quality of the burley was down this time ;D hows ya glasses this trip Gawb didnt lose em ???? look forward to seeing the pics
cheers Terry

maztez
21-05-2006, 07:08 AM
I should have added congrats on the houseboat job guys thats what its all about helping

Brejen
21-05-2006, 09:46 AM
GAWWWWWWBY GAWWWWWWWBY

sounds just like yesterday hey Dar..

Good on ya Jas next time mate for sure. U were the only one to get fish in the night as well. As Darr said mate least u didnt put out the burley trail like we had behind our boat ;D :o . Glad it wasnt out at the banks mate big run back then.. ;D ;)

what a day it turned into. We had it all hey, fish, conditions and a rescue; (maybe a helping hand may be all it was but this poor old bugger was in deep poop).
Have to say i was amazed at the amount of boats out there around the area and not one other boat saw the V sheet except good old DArryl the mighty sea hawk. NA seriously it wasnt exactly hidden away and could be veiw from a far distance with a hell of a lotta other boats anchored and fishin a lot closer to it than we where. Anyway we helped out and we all felt very proud and releived that we did.

Only got the one pic and that was of my share....
How good are pearlies fresh the night of capture,, bloody awesome.

Had great day with great mates taking the micky out each other.

Brett

Burley_Boy
23-05-2006, 08:20 PM
onya Brett.
Looks like I should have sent you that mark anyway!
But you got a feed and entertainment so no complaints there.

So did that poor bugger not have any other form of communication? ie phone or radio?
Good on you for the rescue you're a champ as usual ;)

Big_Ren
23-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Awesome stuff with the rescue guys. Lucky it didn't happen to the poor bloke at night, everyone might have missed him.

Cheers
Paul

matt20
13-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Can someone please tell me the name of that fish second from the right. I caught one and wasnt 100 % sure what it was. Thanks
matt

vertico
14-06-2006, 10:49 AM
parrot fish