PDA

View Full Version : Dampier Billfish Shootout

Pointyfish
20-06-2006, 12:41 AM
Just a quick brag about a win we had the other week. Fished the Dampier Billfish Shootout. 61 boats entered with 201 anglers competing. Weather was rough ( around 25kts all weekend ) had 97 sailfish and 2 marlin released over 2.5 days fishing which is down by half compared with previous years but probably due to the weather.
Myself and a friend Paul fished from my 17ft c/console 'Wet One' which happened to be one of the smallest boats to enter the comp. We won champion angler and boat day 1, champion boat day 2 , champion angler overall , runner-up angler overall and champion boat overall. We tagged 9 sails for the comp.
Best bit was we were the first team from Nickol Bay Sportfishing Club to every win the comp ( which NBSFC runs ).

Pointyfish
20-06-2006, 01:49 AM
the 'Wet One'

JLW
20-06-2006, 08:12 AM
Well done fellas,

Good work in tough conditions [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Smithy
20-06-2006, 08:46 AM
Well done boys!

Do you keep in touch with Tamlin? We had a good serious look at his boat a while ago. Made his fortune yet to come back and buy a charter boat?

BenDover
20-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Ha, luv it.... Great work guys. I bet you got alot of sour faces from the big boys... Congrats

lattic
20-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Congratulations mate 9 sails in 2 days would make any angler envious, and as for the size of the boat makes it that little more sweeter, as they say dont judge a book by its cover.

Well done.

Muz

twodogsfishing
20-06-2006, 01:22 PM
was the boat's name true to form in the 25kts ;D
congratulations and top effort from a small boat

Fishin_Dan
20-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Congratulations fellas! That's an awesome effort!!! Have you got any pics of the sails at all? (Although with only 2 up it would've been hard to do)

Pointyfish
20-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Sorry no photos of the fish. Yeah the little c/console was true to its name in that weather.

Smithy I don't get to speak to Tamlin to often now that he has moved to Darwin. I don't think he has achieved the charter boat yet though. A few of the boys from the club went up and fished the barra nationals and classic and didn't mention anything about him running his charter yet.

Which boat did you look at? Grand Slam I would take it. Nice boat but could do with a diesel with todays fuel prices.

F1SH_BOY
23-06-2006, 03:12 PM
WELL DONE WHO SAID U NEED A BIG BOAT 2 CATCH THINGS LOL ANY PHOTO'S OF THE FISH? ;D