PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Neck Monday

jim_farrell
27-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Headed out to fish the high tide at 9 am through to solunar peak just after 12. Forcast was a little shadey wind wise but not to bad once we cleared the seaway. Sea was only a metre from the south but swells were very close together making the trip south uncomfortable.

When we reached the reef there were three boats fishing with bait. It appeared that the baits weren't getting wet before getting hit. We pulled up and started flicking slugs.
Possibly one of the hottest tailor bites i have ever fished. At one stage we landed 9 and 10 fish each from the same amount of casts.
There was no real size with the biggest going 42cm but good to be offshore catching fish.
We kept 4 each for dinner tonight and stopped counting the released ones after about 25.
The bite slowed down an hour after the high and we headed inside.

Fished the pipeline for an hour on the way back. 1 bream 31cm, 1 flathead 38cm. I think I dropped a jew on a live chopper. I let it run once then struck 5 seconds int the second run.
Chopper came back in one piece missing some scales and a few marks in a line around the top of head and behind the gills. I had him hooked under the chin. I'm yet to lose my jew virginity and was wondering if jew swallow tail first or head first.
Great day otherwise.
Is anyone catching greenbacks yet.
Jim

F1SH_BOY
28-06-2006, 05:19 PM
any pics

jim_farrell
28-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Photo of tailor. Bream and flattie went back to fight another day.

gutzy
28-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Got a 40cm tailor near Isle Of Capri bridge on runout tide , was after bream so had 1.8kg main line with 2kg trace for bit of fun and it nailed my little yabbie. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
So much fun , so they are about.

F1SH_BOY
28-06-2006, 09:02 PM
hey flick nice fish,

hey im new to lures and SP'S but could u tell me what a slug is is it a type of lure and what brand was it ?