PDA

View Full Version : Tempest Sunday

Sandman
03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
Its been a long time comming , the weather looked as if it was turning for the weekend ansd Saturday looked like the day, However i was still in Rocky for work. After much consultation with Chrisco-Stew Myself, Mal, Kit and Chris headed out the south passage early after some mis navigation :-/ ( Ray still havnt learnt). We headed to the bait grounds in some lumpy weather with the rest of Brisbane only to find that the bait wasnt in huge numbers.
We made the call and headed to a few of my marks, it wasnt long before we drifted off my mark onto what is now a good Trag mark as we all hooked up with Chris and myself landing to 70-80cm Trag . The aim of the day was to get into some reds but so far to my suprise we had still not landed one snapper with only to small squire comming up, the weather was also blowing at around 12-15, Kit went down a little green after eating a bad potato salad the night before so Chris , Mal and myself plugged along. Strangely still no snapper but everything else was comming up Pearlies , Amberjack , lots of Wrasse, that was until Chris changed tactics.After running out of squid we ran pillies out on gangs with the fist 3kg snapper on board by Chris then followed by more nobbies the award going to Mal with her 5kg+ first snapper.
We didnt bag out but we certainly got a good mixed bag and a very good feed for all , and by 2pm it was all over and very tempting to keep on going as the weather had turned the water to a complete oil slick.
Drama on the way home as my experience with the south passage is limited and not the best in the dark , i will leave it there but i now need to repair the prop and hopefully not the gear box.

Sorry no photoes as yet .

Sandman

Chrisco_stew
04-07-2006, 10:05 AM
What a day!!

Sounds like we were not the only ones to put a feed together.

Couple of good fish, great weather (in the end) what else can you do!!

thanks mick
Chriso

finding_time
04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Nice one mick!

Do you want my marks through the bar? There not gospel but will keep you in the deep water the whole way through. You still have to work the swells though!

Ian

Sandman
04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Ian ,
Yep will grab them off you. Not so much the bar it was actually the chanel markers from raby to the rous :-/, i have done the trip so many times but i wasnt the one driving and of course never placed the marks in :-[
Nice fish by the way, am spewing about the norwest trip .
Mick