PDA

View Full Version : Live Baiting For Bills Off Mooloolaba

Smithy
03-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Did no good but a couple were tagged over the weekend. Got a few consolation prizes like these Pearlies Brooksey caught, plus some Maori Cod under the bait schools and some Cobes on Sunday. Saw Out Wide heading past on Saturday at the 18 mile and saw Lee heading in yesterday on the 10 mile. Kept on 77 talking to the game boats. Guess 21 was busy all weekend. Might have been a bit lumpy for some of you guys at some stages during the weekend, the Deep V 100% was just starting to feel it. Watched the power boat races Sunday on the way in.

seapup
03-07-2006, 12:07 PM
nice Pearlys mate! there were plenty around over the weekend!!

F1SH_BOY
03-07-2006, 12:13 PM
nice boat and pearlys ;D :D :D

Smailesy
03-07-2006, 07:49 PM
no billys bad luck nice pearlies how big were the cobes and did you get any

Big_Ren
03-07-2006, 09:05 PM
Gidday Smithy. They are some beaut pearlies that Brooksy has there. I'm guessing the bigger one would go 4kg+ ?

Cheers
Paul

Jeno
04-07-2006, 03:07 PM
Hi Smithy.
We went out Friday for a Snapper fish picked up some bait at 18 on the way, it was alive but crew wanted to stick to original plan.
Should of pulled rank, you know me I reckon you can stick the Snapper if a chance of getting a Billfish.
Who caught what Sails or Marlin.
Stephen

Smithy
04-07-2006, 03:14 PM
Steve,

Misty did. A cream half cab with a 115 Yammie 4 stroke. 10kg Black on Friday for the last of the year and 5kg Black Saturday for first of the year. Don't know about your club. I see the first for the year has gone off down at the Gold Coast for Salt Shaker with a Stripe. The bait at the 18mile was all Pillies and up high from what we jigged Saturday. Another boat told us it was alive from 15 miles out to the Banks when he went out earlier in the week. Oh well. The fish came off the bait we worked some of the morning.