PDA

View Full Version : Di close reefs sat

Edmo
04-07-2006, 05:29 PM
went on my first trip to double island last sat,
we hit the sand at about 5.30 am and had the boat (Marks beautiful 5.4 centre console quintrex) in the salt easy enough but a 15 to 18 knt nwester was cutting right through us. Stuff it we`re here lets go was the call so it was off to the reefs about 18ks out.
Brrrrr that spray every now and then was cold!
First couple of drifts produced some ave pearlies and plagues of juvy reds, come on wheres ya daddy!
The pearlies kept us interested with some small pan snapper thrown in and mixed reefies.
Around 10 or 11 the wind started to drop till it was a glammer day, lets pick in now and have lunch Mark said, top idea!
no sooner had we done this and started a berly trail that the decent fish started to come over, a couple of nice nobs, an ambo of about 5to6 kg and a nice cod of 11.3kg that snafood a squire i was starting to wind up.
In the end it was a great first trip even though we didn`t get wide into any big reds.
ps scratched the boat getting on the trailer in the shore dump, NOT HAPPY JAN!

Edmo
04-07-2006, 05:31 PM
a couple of tasty nobs

outwide1
04-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Welldone guys,its good to see a report that was not about the banks or the hards area.I have fished only once off di and it was heaven,we caught reds to 11.5kg with a heap of good knobbies,pearlies and a swag of reefies to add colour to the box as i said before it was heaven from a fishermans prospective.Do you guys live up there?

Edmo
04-07-2006, 06:18 PM
we are from the goldy and have been tryin to find a closer alternative to 1770, so far so good we`ll be back :)

Smailesy
04-07-2006, 06:22 PM
nice fish guys unlucky about the reds did you launch of the beach if you did how was it

reef_king
05-07-2006, 06:15 PM
well done on your first trip off di. :)theres some nice fish. Have you thought about going through the bar?

TheSlyDeckie
05-07-2006, 07:13 PM
whats the launch beach like at the mo?

Reefmaster
06-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Looks like you guys enjoyed yourself and caught some good fish as well. Alot of people go up there and struggle during their first few trips but you guys faired well. The beach launching up there is just getting to hard over the past year or so with no protection to launch or retrieve in. My whole life we beach launched up there and have done hundreds and hundreds of launches but now its probally at its worst and over the past year or so have been going out through the bar and although it adds a heap more km onto the trip its far easier.

Regards
Greg

Edmo
06-07-2006, 05:31 PM
well done on your first trip off di. :)theres some nice fish. Have you thought about going through the bar?
Yeah have talked to a few guys and got some info from vmr and hope to launch the 625 cruisecraft from tincan in the future, from what reefmastersays the beach launch is as bad as it gets at the moment with hardly any room to leave your rig at high tide.
Thanx for the nice comments and encouragement guys. ;)Ed