PDA

View Full Version : Northern Banks

indy
02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi,

Chris, Paul and I headed out to the barwon's straight after work saturday arvo arriving at the ramp a little after midday, to do a overnighter.

Run out was magic sitting on 24 knots which we made it out there in fairly short time.

When arriving it was like a car park with boats everywhere and one of them sitting right on top of my mark so we found some other ground and had a few drifts with paul pulling a nice snapper to get us of the mark nicely. We picked up another couple of fish and then decided to drop the anchor on a lump and get ready for the evening bite.

Didn't take long and there was constant fish coming over the side snapper and pearlies, only keeping the bigger stuff. Through out the night we got 7 pearlies which we kept and had our bag limit of snapper in short time throwing back heaps around 2 kilo mark.

Also had about a 12 to 14ft tiger shark cruising around the boat which slowed things down for a while so we decided to have a break and have a few drinks and dinner and called it a night around 930.

Wind really picked up through out the night to about 15 to 20's of ne but seemed to ease a little in the morning which we had a move and picked up the rest of the bag limit of pealies. We then up anchored to try some shallower ground in around the 50 metre mark and chris picked up a rat kingie and some more squire which we through back and headed home back at the ramp by midday.

Had a great trip with good company can't wait for the next one

cheers pete....

indy
02-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Tiger

indy
02-07-2006, 05:33 PM
Snapper

revs57
02-07-2006, 06:10 PM
Good work Pete,

We figured the evening bite would have gone off in a big way...looks like you cashed in!!

That is one huge mother of a tiger mate...I reckon if I was a fish I'd be off too...none of this "fish are friends not food" stuff... In that first photo - is that piggy in the middle? ;D ;D ;D sorry...just stuck me as funny...been hanging out with Swano too much!!!

they are two nice samples in the second photo

Cheers

Rhys

Dave
02-07-2006, 06:26 PM
Great haul there fellas. Dont know if i'd be hanging round with a shark neally as big as my boat :o. Well done for hangin in there.

Dave

outsiderskip
02-07-2006, 06:41 PM
hi pete
nice catch pity u threw a few back keep feeding the big tiger

haha

cheers pete

seapup
02-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Nice catch mate! Love that Tiger photo! I have seen a coupla Tigers out on the Hard over the past couple of months.. Cheeky buggers know which fish to eat when you pull them up! I seen one follow a MILF and not touch it! As soon as a Snapper came up...bang he nails it!!
Cheers,
Ben. ;)

Big_Ren
03-07-2006, 12:15 PM
Hi Pete

Mate, that is a sizeable tiger :o :o At least she didn't steal too many of your fish! Great catch.

Cheers
Paul ;)

FOOCKCHUCKER
03-07-2006, 03:24 PM
looks like the same ugley tiger i did battle with at 2am one morning on no sleep. and when i saw his ugly head come into the lights of the outsider i will let you imagine what sort of words were spewed @ the deck after battling it for over an hour ( just in case) bloody sharks if they are not stealing reds there sending you to the chioro"s.

mauler
03-07-2006, 03:27 PM
that looks more like a white than a tiger the nose looks to be tapering to a point unlike the large tigers having a flattish head, did you get any other pics?

indy
03-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Here is a better picture of the shark maybe it is a great white?

goona
03-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Pete,

Definately a white or at the very least a big whaler. You sould have jumped in with it to get a size comparison.

Goona

-spiro-
03-07-2006, 07:50 PM
well done boys ;D nice haul

lippa
03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
brotherly love!!! ;D good to see ya got some scales!

cheers

lippa

coastrunner
04-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Hi Pete,
Nice catch,When are you going to take Adam and I..

flickflack
04-07-2006, 02:17 PM
Yup , thats a white mate. No flat nose there!!

Rod

finding_time
04-07-2006, 02:51 PM
The fist shot i was calling a WHITE for sure but the second has confused me a little and i'm not so sure, definately not a tiger though.

Ian

Ps. Nice haul btw

indy
08-07-2006, 01:31 PM
booyeah

indy
08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Chris you r a tool reminder to self dont leave logged in at your place