PDA

View Full Version : GC Snapper 4/7/06

blue_rogue
04-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Haven't put a post up for a while, but sure have been watching the boys on the sit posting theirs. Some good fish getting caught. I have been shying away from the Gold Coast of late rather fishing the productive waters of the Hards and Barwon Banks. So with time a problem this weekend I ventured of the Gold Coast.

Went out on Saturday with JB thinking the weather was going to be brilliant. How wrong the forecast was. We went north and fished off the Pin Bar though the 20kt + westerly made that pretty hard. We went back home through the Pin and called it an early day.

Waking up Sunday was a totally different story. Not a drop of wind. I couldn't help myself and after not being able to get a crew went out solo at lunch time. I then met up with JB and Dane on the reefs.

We found some good bait of the bottom end of Mermaid beach and some great ground also, though could loose a bait when we sent them down. It was a slow afternoon, though just on dark the fish came on the bite. For the next hour I managed quite a few fish. At one stage I had three rods going off and managed to land all of them solo. Biggest fish went 5kg and the rest were a couple of kilo each. Bagged out on snapper.

The tailor came on the chew and mauled all the rigs, so it was then time to call it a night. JB and Dano got a terrible hiding from the tailor as well.

Flew home to the seaway doing 30kts, with glassed out conditions. Good afternoon.

blue_rogue
04-07-2006, 05:17 PM

blue_rogue
04-07-2006, 05:18 PM

craigie
04-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Blue Rogue,

Mate ya gotta be happy with that !!!

Forget the banks, you doing very well in your own back yard for a fraction of the cost !!

Cheers
Craigie.

StevenM
04-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Good feed there B R.

if the fish were any bigger you would have needed a bigger bait board.

rippen home at 30 knots to ....nice.

Cheers

Steven

BenDover
04-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Great work blue rogue... Ive done a few solo missions on the goldcoast myself.. SUX hey when theres noone there to share your catch and fun with. But very nice catch anyhow.
BD

gav39
05-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Heading out through GC seaway on saturday and sunday for a bit of bottom fishing, do you have any suggestions as where to go, 24's or 36's, north or south. I have my normal spots where i go but never shy to try somewhere new. Liked the look of those snapper. Well done

jayman
06-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Gday Dom.
nice reds mate. theres some god patches of ground in that area. you found one. whats been happening aprt from floging the local snapper population? better be some there when i get down.
cheers Jay

blue_rogue
06-07-2006, 12:24 PM
Its the first solid hit out on the Gold Coast this year Jay....

Hows the old cod holes out at Goodiwindi... I bet your missing the salt water mate. Terrible mackeral season this year.

When you coming over for a fish?

jayman
07-07-2006, 07:22 AM
yeah mate miss that salt. but its probably the only thing i miss bout the coast.
the old fresh water fishing not real exciting. but theres been some good cod about. we got 5 a month ago. from 10pound to 40pound. like pulling in a bucket.
should be back for a weekend in the next monthand a half.
Shooting full time at the moment. We're up to $1 a kilo
ring ya shortly Jay

mickstar001
07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
NICE WORK BLUE ROGUE - WELL DONE - SHOULD GET OUT TO THE GC REEFS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER I FEEL.

Deiter
09-07-2006, 03:42 AM
nice fish blue-rogue. For some reason i always do better on the solo missions.

probably cause when i take someone i say, "wait til you see the fish out here, they'll definately be on today!"....silly me, thats just asking for trouble.

good on you though.

deiter

p.s. brings a tear to a mans eye, hearing that a fellow fisher can't find a crewman when the fish are about.