PDA

View Full Version : Offshore Brisbane Sunday.

bignick
11-07-2006, 09:01 PM
After waiting an eternity, including 2 blown out fishing comps, finally got a crew together for a trip Outside. Left Manly at about 0515 with the mate following along in his Formosa 520 Centre Console and we crossed a dead flat Bar at about 0630. Headed for the 29's first up and, as predicted, the wind was blowing a good 10-15 SSW; with no current, we were drifting along at 100 miles an hour. Instead of dying off by 1000, the wind stayed until about 1300 and it was a tad sloppy. As a result, only a couple of fish on board by then and all was not looking well, with the mate's son supplying a constant burley trail of peas, carrots, corn and bile, much to my amusement and that of my deckie. When the wind did drop, seas went as flat as a pancake and the fish started to come aboard. Not much happening on the 35's, so it was off to my old spot on the 33's, where I stated that the fish SHOULD come on the bite in the afternoon once the Moon comes up; and they didn't let me down. Got a handful of nice big Squire in the 2.5-3kg range and Pearlies one after the other. Nothing brilliant, but a nice feed was put together by the end of the day. Interestingly, all the fish were caught right on or very close to the bottom, with the floaters not being touched until they were almost all the way down. Left for home about 1630 (too nice, didn't want to come home) and crossed a dead flat Bar again and flew across a mirror Bay for an uneventful trip home. Didn't bother taking any photos as we didn't catch any "photo fish".

Cheers,
NICK.