PDA

View Full Version : Maggie island Yesterday

Krazi-kev
11-07-2006, 08:48 AM
Went on a boat yesterday morning fishing Horseshoe bay. Started at 7:30 and finished at 9:30. After 1 hour i was providing burley. Just have no luck when it comes to sea legs. Did some jigging for small pike and threw 2 lines out. 2 other rods wqith pieces of pilchard.

Quite windy. Ended up with 1 small trevally, 75 cm Spanish mac, 78cm Morwong and 1 unidentified reef fish(1kg).

A bouyant day out

Dr_Dan
11-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Brave man heading out at the moment. At least you got a couple of fish for your effort

Krazi-kev
11-07-2006, 10:46 AM
I must agree with you there Dr_Dan.

I am never good on a boat.....always spew up. I wouldnt know the difference between a good day or a bad day to go out fishing on a boat. I might try the creeks and learn to get some creek legs before trying in the sea again.

I will be landbased for a long time now before i try my luck out at sea again

Happy fishing

Smailesy
11-07-2006, 02:49 PM
a few fish made the berly session worth while iv never been sick and im glad

Mozza
11-07-2006, 03:08 PM
Jeez Kev,

I take my hat off to you for sheer determination. Try the tabs next time - I've never needed them myself but the guys who have reckon they work a treat.

Not a bad session given the cr@p conditions and the limitations on where to go. Have you tried the Picnic bay jetty again? If you can get in before the locals with some livies/pillies you're good chance for macks or trevally (goldens yum).

I'm braving the seas tomorrow am so watch this space for more reports.

Mozza

Edmo
11-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Went on a boat yesterday morning fishing Horseshoe bay. #Started at 7:30 and finished at 9:30. #After 1 hour i was providing burley. #Just have no luck when it comes to sea legs. #Did some jigging for small pike and threw 2 lines out. #2 other rods #wqith pieces of pilchard.

Quite windy. #Ended up with 1 small trevally, 75 cm Spanish mac, 78cm Morwong and 1 unidentified reef fish(1kg).

A bouyant day out
Mate give quells a go, there cheap and work a treat.
I used to get crook but have been taking them for about 7 to8 years and they have turned my life around, just make sure ya takem at least 1 hr before ya get wet. they don`t do @#$#! once yer crook.
the only side effects are a bit of a dry mouth, but i think thats from smilin so much ;)
PS they may make ya a bit sleepy if ya have a few beers ;)

Stolly
11-07-2006, 08:38 PM
The seas are quiet lumpy at the moment. You can some early morning protection at west point but after 10:00 it makes an uncomfortable trip home. I went there on sunday morning and joined the queue of boats that anchor up along the current line. Managed to get a spotted and doggie mackeral and missed three other fish. Plent of schools af mack tuna but they were not interested in any of my collection of slices. Managed to hook onto one but didn't boat it, after that i couldn't get hot. Drove past the pipes on the way back to the coast guard ramp but there was somebody braving the rocking boat to try their luck there. Had some friens head out the way towards the weed beds on same day but they come up empty.

Krazi-kev
12-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Picnic Bay jetty looks like it could hold some nice fish. An early start and I could be right. I have tried quells, arm bangles etc etc etc. Last time I was told Ginger. Took heaps of Ginger with me this time. Started eating glazed ginger the night before. Kept eating ginger on the ferry over. Got onto the boat and nibbled ona few more pieces of ginger. 1 hour later littered the water with Ginger pieces. After every spewing trip I say"NEVER AGAIN"................However...............after 6 months or so I start itching to get among the fish out deep. The cycle continues.

Landbased now for a while.

Thanks for the tips guys.................waiting for your report Mozza

Ate vinegared mackeral (raw) for dinner last night..........YUM!!!!!!!!!

Mozza
12-07-2006, 10:32 AM
West Point @ 6:00 am this morning.

Fished for hour and a half with ganged pillies and berleyed a tub full of old pillies for a couple of desultory 'bangs'.

Gave up and fished the reef edge on the way back for a pile of cod with 1 keeper. All on bombers.

Great morning - always good to get out but this has firmed my resolve to get in amongst the makka dakkas.

Mozza

Krazi-kev
12-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Well done Mozza,

At least something for the plate.

Big macs next time.

I am eager to hit that Picnic bay jetty.

Enjoy the cod