PDA

View Full Version : Feed Off Tweed

fishin_till_late
12-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Being on holidays ive been hangin round the house not doin all that much, got offered a trip offshore by a mate down the road on Monday arvo, how could I refuse ::)

Was up early on the Tuesday and got to the ramp about 5:20pm, were at the bar by 5:30am. Greated with a slight northerly blowing and a little bit of chop. We got out there and were fishing by 5:45am. Things started abit slow with not much action. Decided to move to a spot X at about 6:30am. Got a few Squire in the 30-40 cm range and a heap of little ones. Also picked up a few trevally and a nice Silver Perch. Things slowed down and decided to pull the pin at about 11:00am. End result being about 6 keeper squire, a couple of trevally and a nice Silver Perch. After helping clean the boat down (as all deckies should if they want another trip ;D) was offered another trip on the Wednesday.

So got to the ramp at about 5:30am and got to the bar to be greated with much better conditions, virtually flat bar (and this is Tweed) with the slightest on North Easters you will get. Went back out to where we were the day earlier . Sat there until about 6:30 with one undersize squire caught. Decided to move out wider considering the conditions were so great. Got a couple of nice squire caught there and 3 nice parrot fish. Things quietened down soon afterwards and the decision to head north abit was confirmed. Anchored and caught another few squire and a nice snapper going 39 cms. While fishing i heard this great big crack to turn around and see a whale maybe 30m away from the boat jumping right out of the water. Now that scares the scrap outa ya I'll tell ya that. The wind dropped right off and decided to have a comfortable trip home after things had quiet downed again. We had a good feed condsidering the fish we'd caught the previous day. Back at the ramp by midday and boat away by 1pm. Filleted the fish and had a nice nap. Enjoyable couple of days condsidering I hadn't been offshore for quite a number of months now, wasn't anything great but it was a feed and Im happy with that result. Sorry no photos as my digital camera decided to crap itself last week.

cheers jono

p.s on the tuesday just as I was leaving the Kennedy drive ramp early i noticed an ausfish member putting his boat in, woulda said g'day but wasnt my boat i was on.