PDA

View Full Version : goldcoast offshore in winter?

breamking
13-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Looking at heading out in a couple of weekends time and have never fished off the goldy in winter and was just wondering where is the best place to start.Thanks for any help. :(

BenDover
13-07-2006, 06:56 PM
In a boat? offshore? landbased?

Gbanger
13-07-2006, 07:04 PM
im pretty sure he means offshore, in a boat ben

the better spots seem to be out off the pin...

BenDover
13-07-2006, 07:12 PM
I thought so aswell but never can tell. And he also mentions hes never fished offshore on the goldie in winter. ITS COLDER!!! ;D If conditions are good go through the seaway and head upto the pin, you dont need to go very far offshore at all at the pin to see some action unless your targeting a particular species. Or just hit the 12 fathom and burley up bigtime.
BD

breamking
13-07-2006, 08:21 PM
thanks guys.Yes My mate has a 5.2 rip tide plate boat.What do you think about heading out to the 50s.We are chasing anything that is big and you can eat. :-/ :-/

Hagar
15-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Breamking

Lots of options in winter . Night and early morning you may find the snapper anywhere from the 12 - 18's out to the 50's . I reckon that rip tide would be OK for the 50's on a good day . Big AJ's and other line burners out there . There are no secret spots on the Goldy much now so get a GPS guide book and go exploring .

Chris

born2fly
16-07-2006, 04:31 PM
One good way to find some decent spots off the coast is to go out with one of the local charters - Fish the Deep is one I definitely recommend. Great boat, great skipper and deckie. Allround good day out. Some great fishing at the 24's and 36's weather permitting. Off the Pin has also been fishing well however a long way up depending on what type of boat you are in.

Some nice cobia and snapper around this time of year.

Wherever you go good luck and post your reports - cheers