PDA

View Full Version : How big do Trag Jew Grow (pics added)

SeaSaw
09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
This big #;D ;D

SeaSaw
09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Now I'm off to bed. I'll post the rest of the pics and a report tommorrow (or maybe Cheech will post a report ;) ) It was a big day. Bagged out on snapper. Caught plenty of pearlies, parrot, trag, piggies, job fish, ambos, moses and moari cod .... a real colourful bag. :) Couldn't close the lid on the esky and ran out of bait, so left them biting [smiley=2thumbsup.gif]

Mark [smiley=sleeping.gif]

Spaniard_King
09-07-2006, 09:48 PM
Hi Mark,

That was me leavin mooloolaba at 2am as you were comin off the motorway. We would have stayed for the morning bite as well but ran out of bait like you guys

Thats a STONKA trag ;) wouldn't be too many around that have seen one that big

cheers

Garry

revs57
09-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Mark that is a huge Trag...well done, didn't know they grew that big!!!

Cheech
10-07-2006, 01:18 PM
Was a fairly usual trip out on HMAS Seasaw.

Left home at the same time most people go to bed. At the ramp at around 2.30. Passed Spiro on the way out and had a quick chat, and then pointed the nose towards the northern hards. Fortunately with the flat conditions we made it there in about the same time it normally takes to get to the banks. I some how tend to pick the marginal conditions when I go out on Seasaw so it was good not getting pounded this time.

Tried probably half a dozen spots drifting and anchouring. Just pointed the boat in the general area and stopped on interesting shows or structure. No hot bite at any of them, but we did have a bit of success at all of them. Seemed like a slow action trip, but then we did a fish count. 42! Perhaps it was not that slow after all. Tend to get spoilt with Mark as he always manages to put us onto fish. Just imagine what it will be like when he has fished the north and middle hards for a while and built up his gps points!

This trip was a real mixed bag with about 10 different species in the bin. Not that catching snapper and pearlies is not really good, but it was good fun to hook up to different fish.

Then back to the ramp mid afternoon.

Cheech

finding_time
10-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi Mark,

That was me leavin mooloolaba at 2am as you were comin off the motorway. We would have stayed for the morning bite as well but ran out of bait like you guys

Thats a STONKA trag ;) wouldn't be too many around that have seen one that big

cheers

Garry

Gee i don't know Garry that one you caught off the Tweed the day i got that big nobby of mine was a bl@@dy horse as well, but that one of Marks is as big as i've seen.

Ian

-spiro-
10-07-2006, 01:56 PM
WELL DONE FELLA'S 8-) 8-)i see you got on Cheech hey ;D

Scarecrow
10-07-2006, 03:05 PM
does anybody know the right min length
for trag jew.have been told 45cm is rong.
cheers ted.

SeaSaw
10-07-2006, 09:02 PM
her are some more pictures from the trip

SeaSaw
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Small AJ

SeaSaw
10-07-2006, 09:13 PM
cod

SeaSaw
10-07-2006, 09:19 PM
Heaps of parrot about

SeaSaw
10-07-2006, 09:22 PM
One more for a bit of colour ;D small I know ... sorry Craig

SeaSaw
10-07-2006, 09:27 PM
Hi Garry, I saw you guys and commented to Cheech that I thought I recongnised the boat. Well done on your first trip up this way.

Ted, the legal size for a Trag is 38cm.

Cheers,

Mark

Big_Ren
10-07-2006, 09:36 PM
Trag on steroids...what a horse Mark. :o :o Sensational trip again obviously. You're getting spoilt for options these days lol...

Cheers
Paul

dfox
10-07-2006, 09:38 PM
Great pics again mark. Nice running into you again out there! It sure was great conditions and perfect weather to do some exploring. I covered a total of 356 km's over the two days and found some great new spots.
Got three good nobbies over 9kg this trip, the best one at 9.55kg.
Have to catch up with ya again soon mate ...foxy
pic...

SeaSaw
10-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Geez Dave, great snapper. :o and three over 9kg is an incredible effort for one trip. We clocked up 190km in one morning, but I love looking around the area. I've come up with some pretty good new spots. We started north and worked our way down.

When we ran into you guys, you all looked really tired. No wonder after two days on the water and pulling fish like that. Catch ya soon.

Cheers,

Mark

Commodore
10-07-2006, 10:07 PM
::) :-X ;D ;) :( :-? 8-) :-/ :'( ::) :o >:( ;D ;) :) ;) ;D :( :o 8-) :-? :P :-[ :-*\
well what do you expect
nice fish
soon i will be reporting here
very very soon
Cheers
Chong

reef_king
11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
thats a big trag..........how much did it weigh? And again youve put up a good report and pics.

Cheers ty,

Fixation
11-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Great report mark. Sounds like you guys had a blast out there. It's certainly an exciting place to explore. You just never know what is going to show up on the sounder next. Great catch mate.

Foxy, those knobbies are massive! Top shelf fish. Sounds like you traveled alot out there. Perfect conditions to have a poke around.

Cheers,
Craig.

Smailesy
11-07-2006, 02:43 PM
some nice big fish there guys

seapup
11-07-2006, 09:57 PM
nice haul mark!

lucyloo
15-07-2006, 01:54 PM
xellant fish ;D

outsiderskip
15-07-2006, 03:55 PM
hi mark
nice catch
biggest trag i caught off moreton is 11kgs

cheers pete

caloundra
20-07-2006, 07:43 PM
what a trag :o
another great haul there mark :)

Daniel

SeaSaw
20-07-2006, 11:16 PM
For those that asked how much the trag weighed, well I actually forgot to put it on the scales, so I can't honestly say. It was in good condition but I doubt it would have made the 11kg mark that pete's did .... great fish Pete :o

Daniel, there should be a few pics of you in Aug B&B ;) that should come out late next week. I actually put a picture of an average trag into the Aug edition, only to catch this one the day after I submitted the pictures ::) :( I have some pretty good pics of the big one, but you'll have to wait until the Sept B&B to see those.

Cheers,

Mark

White_Steenbras
20-07-2006, 11:16 PM
What a great session there guys, bet you need a visit to the Chiropractor after that effort.

Cheers Barnesy