PDA

View Full Version : Sucker fish

favourite_whiting
21-07-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi all,
11 hearing impaired people went to BK charter on 15th of July earlier morning to out of seaway at Gold Coast.
At first I thought I caught cobra but relized its sucker fish :-[
Had to throw back into water.
Happy life of fishing,
Hobby whiting ;)

favourite_whiting
21-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi all,
Heres other picture of sucker fish.
Happy life of fishing,
Hobby whiting ;)

revs57
21-07-2006, 02:53 PM
ahh the old sand shoe head...Remora!!!!

favourite_whiting
21-07-2006, 03:22 PM
ahh the old sand shoe head...Remora!!!!

Yes it called Remora as sucking fish. One of our children said "why not bring that home and use like a vaccumer" to clean the house floors ;D I think thats good idea of words.
Happy life of fishing,
Hobby whiting

favourite_whiting
21-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I didnt have the chance to touch/feel that Remora fish coz
it my first time caught that fish.
Fear it may have funny feeling for me if i touch it. :-?

Dezzer
22-07-2006, 11:42 AM
A previous report/story on sucker fish sends shivers up my spine and the bile into my throat every time I think about them nowadays.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1093921461/41#41

DICER
24-07-2006, 07:13 AM
I'm not going to bring a remora/sucker fish into the boat after reading that earlier post!!!

I think you were very game!! i hope you didn't only catch that!! tell us more...

favourite_whiting
24-07-2006, 08:15 AM
I'm not going to bring a remora/sucker fish into the boat after reading that earlier post!!!

I think you were very game!! i hope you didn't only catch that!! tell us more...

Hi,
At first I thought it was cobra but relized its a strange fish, the guy removed it out of hook for me. I was look at that fish as I never seen that before as It my first time caught that remora sucking fish. The guy showed me that it suck up the ceiling of the charter boat. Very gladly nothing happened to the charter boat because I've noticed of read other stories about those remora sucking fish.
Next time if I or my mates caught one like that, We'll not let it bring into the charter boat, never.
Thanks to other readers that I've read, It surprised to me as it nothing happened to any of us or the charter boat, phew!!. ;D :P ;)
Happy life of fishing,
Hobbywhiting.