PDA

View Full Version : Banks yesterday

backlash08
31-07-2006, 12:14 PM
Headed out mid morning on a nice sea, sounded around 45-50M, not too much around - had a drift for some mixed small reefies, found some nice lumpy stuff and dropped pick in 38M, heaps of whales would not leave us alone and were that close to the boat I had the knife ready in case one picked up the anchor rope, fishing on the bottom right under the boat a whale picked up the line and came up right behind us, what a run that was - i know they wont come up under a boat but I was starting to wonder!! I wasnt too upset when they moved on
fish stayed quite with the current screaming down in the deeper stuff, dropped some largish fish (not hooking up) and boated a few nice snapper and a few big parrot but that was about it. Nothing on the floaters apart from a few bite offs - overall a great day on the water and left plenty of fish for next time, scooted home in <1 hr around 9pm on flat sea

Big_Ren
31-07-2006, 12:17 PM
At least you got out on the water Clee. Still sounded like a top day. Those whales are a worry at this time of year :o

Cheers
Paul

lucyloo
31-07-2006, 01:23 PM
hey clee just read ure message sry we were ther too but last nite

backlash08
31-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Shane, how did you go?

reef_king
31-07-2006, 04:18 PM
good stuff mate, i hate whales....... and dolphins they scare the fish.

adds31
31-07-2006, 06:16 PM
We had a few whales going through pretty close to boat saturday night. Couldn't see them but sure could here them. The current was very good for us, must of picked up later sunday. We had plenty of shows on the sounder but the fishing was pretty quite for us as well. Good to see you managed a feed .

Cheers Adds

lucyloo
31-07-2006, 09:26 PM
hey clee very average mate u wana push next trip yo the hards ill meet u in moolaba cause ill need more fuel lol

backlash08
01-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Sounds good Shane - check your PM

JayT
01-08-2006, 11:07 PM
Hey Clee,
Have seen some BIG HUMPBACKS out in the deep at times....
And heard a sh&t load more at night....!
On the odd occasion,
could have sworn they were circling the boat...
Like JAWS or something...!
The things that go thru the ticker at times :o :o
I always have visions of being flipped outta bed/boat by a foul hooked/angry WHALE (any-type) ;D ;D ;D
Good report ;)
Thorpy

Booton_1
02-08-2006, 03:28 AM
I've had a very close incounter with a whale off the tweed, came within inches of hitting it, if it wasn't for a full moon i think we would have. Most scary moment i've ever had on the water, and now whenever i venture out at night at this time of year it's always in the back of my head. I hate whales too!!!!!!!!!!

backlash08
02-08-2006, 12:39 PM
yep, I've never had so many so interested and so damn close, they are BIG when 10 -15M away and the noise of the slap as the tails hit the water at night is quite something to ensure nightmares for nights to come