PDA

View Full Version : GAWBY II #BANKS SNAPPA BAGOUT

gawby
01-08-2006, 07:59 PM
A last minute decision last night was, lets go to the banks. :-?
Boat hooked up, gear in and we were off at 12-30am thismorning from canungra.
On the water at about 3am at sunshine coast with deckies, Brejen-Brett and his uncle Robert. ;)
Turned out from the headland and we were travelling at about 25 - 30 klm/p/h for about an hour when bang, a greenie came over the bow. I shat myself, water coming through the open clears and pouring down off the bimi top. :P
From there on it was steady as she goes with the sea picking up the further we went out. #[smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif]
2 #hrs from the ramp and we were there with the sea rolling past.
Anchors away and hang on with about a 1 to sometimes 2 mt swell close together. [smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif]
Rod in hand and spewing like you wouldnt believe. #[smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif]
I did this for about 2 hrs then came good. Thank the heavens. #;D ;D ;D ;D
Up came the snapper one after the other and by 10-30am we were bagged out. ;)
Lets set sail for home cause it will take a while, 2 and a half hrs later we got back. Boy o boy what a ride but the gawby ii did it well. ;)
We only saw about 3 other boats out there, silly like us i suppose but the weather forcast was wrong from what we saw.
Ended up a good day had by all.
Thanks to Brett and Robert for being good deckies while i was otherwise occupied. [smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif] [smiley=sick2.gif]
Skippa, eat your words about my marks being no good. Just look at the pics that brett will be posting shortly. My camera has had the richard. >:(
How did you go on the 50s of S/port the other day skippa. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Graeme ;)

Brejen
01-08-2006, 08:25 PM
We're the boys from the bush and we're back from the banks. ;D

First thanks to the skippa for the day the Father -In -Law Gawby and the good ship GAwby II. Get more impressed with that boat each and every time i go out in her, and lets just say today she had her toughest test yet. Thanks Graeme.

Not much more to add from me but like to say thanks to my Uncle ; Rob. Rob has; apart from my being Uncle; my fishin mentor and mate for the last , god knows how long, and he has taught me most of what i know today. Always a pleasure to fish with you.

Anyways back to it, as Gawby has said, had a ball not the best conditions but least we got some good fish.

I think all fish bar 1 were taken on the no weighted floating pilie down the burley trail trick. We got few more bits and peices as well but threw all back. And only 2 pearlies which both went just size but were also released. After the bag on Snapps was reached we decided not to go hunt anything alse and head for home , bloody glad that decision was made. Big run home but the GAWBYII again did it with ease.

Brett

Rob with the bigger ones

Brejen
01-08-2006, 08:27 PM
Rob's share

Brejen
01-08-2006, 08:30 PM
Our share

Brejen
01-08-2006, 08:32 PM
my young bloke Adam with one of the bigger ones

Darryl
01-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Good onya Brett and Gawb, Rob looks happy too. Adam , well the look on his face is priceless.

Good onyas.

Burley_Boy
01-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Onya guys you're just amazing putting in the time from the bush.
Great to see the results.

ON-THE-CHEW
01-08-2006, 10:31 PM
Is that a yalta 555, what motor have you got on it and what how much fuel did you go through? I have the same boat if it is one and wanted to compare fuel economy, I have a 130hp yamaha.

ON-THE-CHEW

gawby
02-08-2006, 01:53 AM
Chewy,
Yes it is a 555 yalta and i am running a 115 yamaha 4/s on it. We didn't stop and fill it up but when i do i will let you know the fuel consumption. ;)

Burley Boy and cresty, what can i say, it was worth the couple of hours making a roast pork burley trail for the results ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Graeme ;)

Darryl
02-08-2006, 06:50 AM
Roast pork you say Gawb ::) Christ that would have been as bad as your choclate effort last time. ;D

SgBFish
02-08-2006, 10:01 AM
Great effort Graeme sounds like the new boat goes well. :)
Cheers.
Scott

JB
02-08-2006, 01:10 PM
Good catch Graeme, conditions sound like they wernt the best at all. Can be decieving those s/w / southerly winds ... At least you had a good boat to ride it out in.

Some good snapper there.

Jas

Hagar
02-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Nice going Graeme & Brett . [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] [smiley=2thumbsup.gif] Please hold my invite until the weather is better than this trip [smiley=chinese.gif] [smiley=chinese.gif] .

Chris

bidkev
02-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Good on yer Graeme and crew for sticking it out. You should be well familiar with the rig by now Graeme. Glad to hear that you're pleased with her. Know what you mean about water coming through the clears though....fair puts the shits up yer dunnit? :o ::) ;D

kev

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. "
~Frank Sinatra

Big_Ren
03-08-2006, 02:00 PM
Well done Gawb and crew.........Graeme I reckon the cure for your ills is in the timing......skull a salmon milkshake with a dollop of vaseline in the top before you launch and you'll lose your lunch before you even hit the water ;D Technically, you've got it out of the way and you'll be right for the day lol.

Nice feed boys...

Cheers
Paul

-spiro-
04-08-2006, 08:40 AM
well done and nice fish. it's a long way out there in crap conditiond ...hey ;D

maztez
04-08-2006, 10:03 AM
All I can say is Im glad I had to work otherwise Id be saying meback meback ;D :'(
cheers Terry