PDA

View Full Version : Off Bundy Mundy

gone_phishin
02-08-2006, 05:51 PM
Ended up 19 mile offshore 4:30 Monday morning with the mate and a couple of other deckies, and got hit by 4 legal reds in the first 15 minutes, so things were starting to look interesting :o! As the daylight crept in the big reds disappeared and the Sweeties, Parrot, Hussar, and Trout came in, along with a mass of undersize reds, and the mongrel bait pilfering Triggers #>:(.

I had major hiccups with braid snapping on some monsters until I realised I'd chipped the feral at the tip, so had to change to the young blokes 8kg mono gear. Couldn't catch anything but Triggers for an hour and a half :( cause it's so long since I've used mono out wide and couldn't feel a thing! It was just a matter of hanging on the rod and pull it in when no-one was looking and make it look like I'd done the big hook-up job, and curse the Trigger again. Geez you get tired pulling those buggers out of 30 meters of water :P After they buggered off, finally got back onto some lovely Sweeties and Parrots, and the ever present Reds. In the meantime the others were pulling some nice Coral Trout around the 8kg mark :'( I guess somebody has to keep the mongrel fish away from everyone else eh?

Cut a long story short, got our fill of top quality reefies, and were able to T & R 54 undersized Reds with the majority of them in the 47 to 54cm range. To me that's looking good for future legal ones as long as everyone sticks to the rules.

Will try and post a couple of photo's

Regards
Geoff

gone_phishin
02-08-2006, 05:56 PM
Sweetie

gone_phishin
02-08-2006, 05:59 PM
Tusk

gone_phishin
02-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Trout

markpeta
02-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Geoff,
Top catch!

Mate whats the fishing like up there mid october will be at Burrum Heads. Got some marks just south of the closed reef fish period, about 40km out. Hoping to get my first trout,red,spanish.

Mark

gone_phishin
02-08-2006, 06:24 PM
Should be starting to fire up nicely by mid October Mark. Not to sure where you are talking about out of Burrum. What direction?

Geoff

darryl_l
02-08-2006, 06:29 PM
hey geoff,

stop skiteing some of us have to work for a boss for a living >:(

nah good catch mate wish I was there

Darryl L

gone_phishin
02-08-2006, 06:33 PM
Hey Darryl!!

What me skite?? Wait and see whose photo ends up in the local on Friday (and I bet it's not mine!!)

Look out for the Cheshire Cat again 8-)

Geoff

Fishing_Freddy
02-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Great looking catch there Geoff looks like you had a good trip up there wish I could get amoungst some good quality fish like that. Keep up the reports it gives me more insentive to go fishing a bit more regularly Ken ;D ;D ;D

timbacutta
02-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Some great looking fish there Geoff, got an email with some photos including one with one of those red ones in them(I take it this was the chesire cat you were talking about). Nice fish. How big did the trout go. Was out Sunday arvo off Happy Rock and got a couple of Snappery Squire to 2.5kg about 5miles out from the North Entrance. Otherwise pretty quiet. Happy fishing.

Jeff.

gone_phishin
03-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Yeah Jeff...that's the Cheshire Cat alright ;D

Trout were 8 to 8.5 kg each so were pretty happy with them....wouldn't mind some of your Snappery Squire to keep Elle happy but I guess she'll just have to put up with Trout for tea :-?

See you at the State conference!

Geoff

Smailesy
08-08-2006, 12:24 PM
wow great fish taken there yummo

outsiderskip
08-08-2006, 05:51 PM
some great quality fish there

pete