PDA

View Full Version : Straddie At Last !

rakinray
13-08-2006, 08:09 PM
G/ day all just a quick rundown on the trip today, hadnt been to the rock group for some time so decided to chance the 10 knt forecast and crossed the Amity Channel around sixish ! Not to mention the glassed out Rainbow (see pics). Did some exploring for the next trip and even put a couple of lures out back just to see if we got an interest but zip ! By mid morning it was time to see if we could scounge a feed, managed to get a few 40cm to 55cm squire and a few just size pearlys enough for a nice feed for my brother. Not to many fish but it was hard to moan about a nice day offshore, seen about a dozen playful whales, watched some dolphins round up a big school of bait and even seen a small group of spottie macks (near the Myora Light) and they were spotties ! all in all hard to take ! Got to do it more often.

CHEERS RAY :) Pic of the Rainbow Channel like a mirror !

rakinray
13-08-2006, 08:10 PM
Tough Day Off Point Look-out.

rakinray
13-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Brother With A Few small squire.

rakinray
13-08-2006, 08:12 PM
TRY AGAIN !

Sandman
14-08-2006, 07:55 AM
Ray how things , should of thrown a hard body out see report from know fisher on Wahoo :o
Talk soon ... Mick

outsiderskip
14-08-2006, 01:31 PM
hi ray
sounds like u had trouble getting a feed

pete

rakinray
14-08-2006, 07:27 PM
G /day Mick long time mate hope the honda is back on deck ! See what happens when you lose your navigator ! ;D will catch up soon for a trip . Yes Pete it was a little slow and the quality was down a bit (lots of 35cm squire) but we got enough for a feed ! Gonna head out to tempest on friday (weather permitting) and try again !

CHEERS RAY :)

revs57
14-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Ray what was the amity channel like...easy to find? Last time I was out that way it was pretty dodgy has the channel improved?

rakinray
14-08-2006, 09:33 PM
G/ day Rhys have used the Amity Channel for a number of years and it hasnt changed alot in that time, i just pick the best of the known deep water and work my way thru. The main problem with it is it is never the same spot to cross so i dont bother plotting a line i just follow my nose. If the swell is up its not the place you wanna be ! :(

CHEERS RAY :)