PDA

View Full Version : Banks- Hard work to bag out.

gropeher
20-08-2006, 01:27 PM
We headed out to the banks on Saturday, left home at 3-00am and arrived on our first mark for 7-00am with 2 other boats in tow.
The run out was pretty good, a bitof a rolling swell a bit over a metre but conditions improved through the day to the point of no current at all.

First drop I pulled an average squire, thought about tossing it back but being the first, I thought I would keep this just in case the fishing was hard. That was a very good call.
The boat next to us, John, he pulled an 8kg knobbie first couple of minutes. ::)
As it was, the fishing after this slowed right down, and it was very hard work, used pillies,squid and flesh bait from a few livies then started burlying at 1-00pm, 15 minutes later the snappery/squire came back on the chew and we did another 3 drifts to get our 10 in total plus some moses perch through out the day.

We had to work bloody hard today, and burley hard etc, so it was very rewarding to reach the bag at 4-00pm.
Headed home and pulled up the drive at 7-00pm, absolutely stuffed.
Did not bother with photos as there was no trophy fish as such.

Cheers Ryan..

outsiderskip
20-08-2006, 01:51 PM
hi ryan
it was a hard night
we had same experence

pete

vertico
20-08-2006, 02:25 PM
try dusk or dawn for better results
its not hard to bag out but its a bit harder when you throw back anything under 60cm :)
seano

gropeher
20-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah,
she was pretty hard work for the 2 other boats with us 2, a few other boats I saw out did not seem to be bending too many rods, just a quiet day, thats fishing, it was good to face a challenge though and not bag out so easily and try a few differing techniques which worked to get the bag.
I got smoked twice into the reef too, big AJ probably and 1 snapper I feel also.

Ryan..