PDA

View Full Version : Banks Saturday

Grunter71
21-08-2006, 07:28 AM
Headed out to the Banks early Saturday morning for the first time in about 18 months.

Left Brissie about 1 am, and finally anchored up on a spot about 4.30. Couldn't get over the number boats out there at that time of the morning.

Before the sun came up we got a heap of pearlies, none of which were size.

We had been berleying since arrival and as the sky was starting to lighten, a school of AJ's moved into the berley trail devouring each bait as it was fed down to them. My daughter soon got sick of getting down over by them so had a rest for a little while. I got 4 AJ's about 6 - 8 kilos and 1 YTK of the same size. Kept one of the AJ's in case we didn't find anything else.

After they disappeared we had a number of snapper in the berley trail. Over the next hour we landed 3 snapper 5 - 6kg, plus a couple of squire. My daughter out fished me, again, with the biggest 2 snapper. Bugger.

Once the berley ran out the fish seemed to disappear, so we tried drifting a few spots to see if we could add to the esky.

Weren't having any luck so packed it in and was back home at 1.30.

Not a huge day, but we were pretty happy with the catch.

Smailesy
21-08-2006, 08:22 AM
i would be happy with the catch to mate nice fish

Big_Ren
21-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Well done Grunter. It's great to see the family involved as well mate.

Cheers
Paul

revs57
21-08-2006, 10:26 AM
Good on ya for get the kids in on the hunt Grunter...she looks pretty chuffed and so she should do. always good to get a couple of boneheads

Cheers

Rhys

Noelm
21-08-2006, 10:34 AM
hey is that an 18foot sharkcat with pods? was looking for one of those for about two years, i missed out on one from up in QLD and looks just like that one!

Slient
21-08-2006, 10:35 AM
Hey Grunter71,

I was at boat ramp waited for my mates to turn up and saw you lanuched your rig...
I wore maron jumper

You and your fishing buddy did better than us... :-[
Well done... 8-)

Happy fishing
Silent

Grunter71
21-08-2006, 12:21 PM
Correct Noel. 1990 vintage. We bought it from a bloke in Tin Can Bay 3 years ago. It had been on the market for a while before we bought it.

Silent, noticed you waiting for somebody. Hope they turned up. Nothing worse than getting up at that time of the morning and they are late!

Slient
21-08-2006, 12:39 PM
Silent, noticed you waiting for somebody. #Hope they turned up. #Nothing worse than getting up at that time of the morning and they are late!
Yeah... they did turn up after you boat out...I'm not the captain... :-X just a deckie ;D

snappa
21-08-2006, 03:28 PM
:o lucky bugga .!!!!!

i seeyawithasharkcat ..

chicken
21-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Nothing wrong with that catch.Top stuff

indy
21-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Well done there is something about being beaten by a girl fishing that just dosn't sit right ;D ;D Good on her great effort