PDA

View Full Version : Banks - 19/9/06

Big_Ren
20-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Watched the footy on Friday night and flipped the coin as to whether to grab some hours kip or head out fishing. Decided on the latter and ended uyp leaving Mooloolaba ramp at about 0100. It was a smooth trip out, averaging about 17 knots and we ended up about 16 mile north-east of Point Cartwright about an hour and 3/4 later.

Had a few drops and scored a few MILFs and undersizers and were wondering wtf did we get up so early. Nautical twilight saw a couple of keepers but we decided to head south 10 mile and hit one of our regular marks before first light. It proved a good move as a few pearlies to 3kg came aboard along with some squire again.

We persisted at the regular marks for an hour or so, getting a few fish every drift or so, before we bit the bullet and headed north to the 18 mile bait grounds and gathered some livies to try for some cobes. Got the livies but didn't do any good on the drift so we headed back home at 27 knots and arrived less than an hour later with an okay mixed feed in the esky.

Not the best trip but by no mean the worst.

Seas were great all day.

Cheers
Paul

Big_Ren
20-08-2006, 09:22 PM
Just a bit of the catch. Rest were similar...

Big_Ren
20-08-2006, 09:26 PM
we ended up about 16 mile north-east of Point Cartwright about an hour and 3/4 later.

Oops....26 miles NE not 16.

-spiro-
20-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Hey Paul sounds like a good trip tho 8-) i tried to radio you in the morning when i heard you but no responce ::)

Smailesy
21-08-2006, 08:30 AM
sounds like it was a good move 3kg pearlys yummo

Big_Ren
21-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Hey Paul sounds like a good trip tho #8-) i tried to radio you in the morning when i heard you but no responce ::)

Will keep my ears peeled next time Chris. Must be almost time to catch up with a few boys for a couple of cold ones I reckon!!! ;)

Cheers
Paul

black_sheep
21-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Reno,

Thanks again mate for another great trip out irrespective of the lack of fish during the "prime time". Was good to get out there that early as it made it seem like a long day on the water even though we got off by 2pm.

Maybe dedicate a trip for cobes next time while they chewing. Followed by a bit of Macky trolling.

Catch up for a cuppa tomorrow?

Big_Ren
21-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Reno,

Thanks again mate for another great trip out irrespective of the lack of fish during the "prime time". Was good to get out there that early as it made it seem like a long day on the water even though we got off by 2pm.

Maybe dedicate a trip for cobes next time while they chewing. Followed by a bit of Macky trolling.

Catch up for a cuppa tomorrow?

Yes definitely Nav. Was a top trip, pity the livies weren't nailed.

Cheers
Paul

revs57
21-08-2006, 04:54 PM
Perserverance pays Paul,

Always good to work at it sometimes...reminds us of the difference, but the Banks seem to have gone a little quiet to a degree at the moment...particularly comparing the way it has been firing. Foxy tells me that was a better than normal run of snappery things...

We're gonna have a go out and around the top of the Cape in the morning and see if we can hustle up a feed

Cheers

Rhys

Big_Ren
21-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Best of luck with that Rhys...it's still bloody nice just being out there. The fish are just a bonus. Hope you have one of your "perfect" days ;)

Cheers
Paul

outsiderskip
21-08-2006, 07:55 PM
paul
about time we had another
M&G AT KAWANA PUB
GOOD FEED

PETE

SeaSaw
21-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Nice effort Paul. ;) It seems it was pretty tough going all over the northern banks on saturday morning. The normal daylight bite just didn't seem to happen. I haven't fished the banks for quiet a while now and I was surprised by the number of boats around in areas that used to be not overly fished. A sign of the times I think :-/

Cheers,

Mark

a
21-08-2006, 09:10 PM
Good to see u finanlly getting the hull wet pablo. a few nice pearlies is betta than none.
Nice stealth mission mate.

ROB80
22-08-2006, 10:30 AM
nice fish ;)

Big_Ren
22-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Pete.....M&G sounds good. It was just a practice run on Friday arvo with Gavsgonefishing and Bigmack ;D ;D

Mark....yes mate, we are having to work hard for our fish these days. I don't actually mind that because it iforces us to get off our bums and sound area for some new spots for future reference. Pays to have a few game plans up your sleeves each trip. We scored a few around 6am but it was no means a PBT this day ;)

Scotty....the stealth mission was the only way to ensure we got a park at the ramp ;D ;D It was nice to get some pearlies again, but still enjoy a feed of fresh snaps anyday. Will get you out soon for a trip with us and away from the trevors in your backyard ;D

Cheers
Paul