PDA

View Full Version : Sat morning with the crowds..GC

Burley_Boy
20-08-2006, 09:07 PM
Headed out the GC Seaway on my lonesome just before 6am on Saturday to fish the 36's. Bit of a slog out there with small swell just choppy enough to make the boat thump hard and it got a bit bigger outwide but otherwise a great morning.

Went to the NE36's and a general mark and then sounded around to find a show of bait, anchored up and burley out. Found the current pulling a bit so had to up the weight on the floaters but they never got to the bottom before they were hit hard. Unfortunately the floaters only got the Tuna interested but my hope was up when the first one hit. Took a while to land the 9kg specimen, had to bend to get in the esky so I think that makes him about 80-90cm.
I'd pulled the anchor before I landed him because some larger swell was coming through, so it was a bit of stuffing around before I was back in position. Tried drifting for a while but really struggled with the rate of drift and current. Got a couple of keeper Snappa/Squire (45&55cm I think) on the paternosters and then another hard hit with the circling on the floater confirmed teh suspicion of another Mac Tuna.

Anyway the cat and dog love tuna and I have plenty of bait again.

All over by 9am as the crowds just peved me off, really, 25kms out to sea and they need to come up within spitting distance, are these guys lonely or what?? Run back was a bit slow at around 14knts as the white caps were all around and seas were up a bit out wide. Got a feed anyway but was not expecting the current and wind we got.

Burley_Boy
20-08-2006, 09:08 PM
dinner

Big_Ren
21-08-2006, 09:31 AM
You scored some great bait BB as well as a feed. Pity about the crowds...it seems a small ocean sometimes doesn't it?

Well done.
Paul

Brejen
21-08-2006, 03:13 PM
It's good to get out B/B but when the weathers good so are the crowds.

Mate u want them marks N/E of the Pin; usually fish up there with only a couple others boats around.

None of the kids want to go out with you this trip.

U ready to get that "L" of yours out to the banks shortly or what?????

Brett

Smailesy
21-08-2006, 03:54 PM
dinner does look good

chicken
21-08-2006, 04:35 PM
Beats the shi%$y old snags I'm having for dinner

Smailesy
21-08-2006, 04:53 PM
iv tasted your snags chook and they arnt that bad mate ;D

Astro
21-08-2006, 05:22 PM
Nice catch

Yeah its a bit of a shame when people just surround you on the water not giving you any space, old man was out there on sat, he said he was on the 36s around 4:30am on a new spot we found, been there over 10times with no other boats anywhere near and by 7am they had about 11 boats around them, with some to close for comfort, a charter even pulled up right next to them, not to good.

Burley_Boy
21-08-2006, 09:06 PM
Yeah astro I've gotta learn to relax when that happens.

Brett yeahhhhh, you keep promising and promising... ;D marks marks marks yeah yeah yeah...lol

Actually I've only recently been hitting the 36's and if the weather had been better on Saturday I'd have done the extra to a single mark I have on the 50's only another 10km's or so so that would be a first for me.
Can't take the family out there though as the puking would stop my fishing...My fishing buddy is OS at the moment.

Banks arrr arr I'm still on the L's thats true someone gonna show me how to cross a bar soon?? I was thinking of starting with something like the pin with 2M curlies, actually someone want to show me the pin I'd be keen to go back in there after a fish one day soon.

I'm having fun and catching fish and got my bloody cholesterol down so all is cool on the GC. ;D ;D ;D

Brejen
21-08-2006, 09:38 PM
MAte didnt i send you them marks last time ::) :P

Mate just havent had a chance to get em out GAWBY's boat, u dont think i'd give u mine do you ;D.

Sorry mate will give you one seeing as how someone else also has it now, is this what u mean by close. Notice that they get that close they even tie up to us

Brett

Send u pm

mate I also meant are u ready to take the 17 L up to the banks

Brejen
21-08-2006, 09:41 PM
So i called in some friends to come give these free loaders a hard time. ;D ;D ;D

Brett

skippa
22-08-2006, 08:05 AM
Your a very funny boy aren't you Brett ..... ::)

Your talent in life is obvious to me now ...... FICTION WRITER ;D ;D

Burley_Boy
22-08-2006, 09:58 PM
Wasn't that happy snap taken while Brett is frantically touching up the expiry dates on his old flares and turning his undersized fish into burley ;D ;D ;D

skippa
22-08-2006, 10:16 PM
you know your right BB,

funny thing was a big burley slick came on just before they arrived and when we got back to the ramp I noticed Bretts life jackets had PFD 1 written on them ... in Nico .... #::) ;D ;D

Murks
23-08-2006, 03:21 PM
nice report BB great catch there