PDA

View Full Version : Late Hards Report 13/8/06

madman1
19-08-2006, 01:57 PM
What perfect weather to head out to the Hards. Pitty the fish didn't see it that way.

We headed out with a Hards virgin (sorry Lee your Ausfish tag escapes me) promising endless supplies of fish of which we have had experience with ove the last 6 or so trips. .

What a disappointment.

It was a quick trip out in around 90 minutes with excellent shows on the new Furuno 620 but the fish didn't want to play the game.

All up we ended up with around 13 fish. Small Snapper (4), Parrots (2), Trag (1), Pearlies (3) of average size only I might add and a couple of others.

Lee and his brother Mike scored 7 good sized Snapps and a shark.

Something absolutley smoked me which is believed to be a large Ambo. The TLD 25 was on full drag on a 15KG Wilson Live Fibre with 30lb braid with my thumbs trying to stop this thing. It like all of the fish on the day didn't want to play the game.

Any way there is always next time.

I will be searching for more ground closer to home next time and hit the Hards later on.

Cheers

Mark

No pics worth posting!!!

-spiro-
19-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Hey Mark is this from last week? If you want some hards marks m8 pm me.

madman1
19-08-2006, 08:25 PM
Forgot to mention 5 MILF's (fish that is) for any smarties out there.

madman1
19-08-2006, 08:28 PM
Also forgot to mention, did anyone see Fisheries out there on Sunday.

You rarely see a small tri hull boat circa 5 metres with no rods and a radar on top.

I didn't think you would see them out 60 + km out!!!

SeaSaw
19-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Some days the fish just don't want to bite, no matter where you are or what you do. :'( Its just rotten luck to travel all the way to the Hards and have the day turn out that way. At least you still put a feed together, and it was great weather to be on the water. ;)

Cheers,

Mark

indy
20-08-2006, 08:15 AM
That is what keeps us going back u just never know at least you still got a feed

seapup
20-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Madman the fisheries have been out on the Banks and Hard lately. They got a radar so they pick you up before you see them. One of my mates got boarded by them and they checked his esky, epirb etc..
Bern.

bidkev
20-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Bad luck with the smoker Mark. I know how it feels as I lost 4 yesterday amidst a mediocre catch. The old heart starts pounding when that ratchet screams particularly if you ain't been catching much and then you get let down when they smoke you...........still, that's part of the fishing game I suppose......almost like gambling wondering whether you're onto a winner or not.

kev

Big_Ren
20-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Hey Mark

It was tough work out there and seems lots of us worked hard for a feed. It just makes you keener. Better luck next trip mate.

Cheers
Paul

S_Bend
23-08-2006, 08:35 PM
Mark, my tag is the boat name - Jamaryiz.

Thanks for the trip out. Had a ball and even though we didn't bag out, we did learn a lot and are planning another trip in a couple of weeks - just prior to the full moon. Looks like I too am going to buy a new Furuno sounder - my Lowrance just doesn't seem to cut it out there. Still can't make up my mind between the Furuno or a Raymarine. Will shop around a bit more this weekend.

Anyway, thanks for the trip. Look forward to another one soon.

Lee.