PDA

View Full Version : Rock Cod Shoals

mangomick
26-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Headed out to Rock Cod Shoals out from Gladstone straight after 12 hour night shift Thursday morning as conditions (at last) were too good to be true. Ended up with 8 really nice tuskies, 8 collared bream of #good to average size, a snodger of a grassy ,a cod and a fingermark. Fog came up and cut visibility to about 50 metres for an hour or so.Thought there would be more grassies around
My Missess #fished on despite some heavy berleying. Seems like the wrist bands and kwells no longer do the job.
All in all not a bad trip would have loved to have fished the 12 mile over night on the way home but theres only so many shades of green a wife can go.
They tell me this month the trout will be coming on to the shallower sections to spawn.

Smailesy
26-08-2006, 10:37 AM
sounds like a great trip m8 good to take someone to burley 4 you so you can keep fishing

mangomick
26-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I've tried to get her to eat sardine sandwitches for brekky instead of special K but she just wont be in it ;

Smailesy
26-08-2006, 01:44 PM
give her pilly sangas she mgt like them

Bundy_Burp
26-08-2006, 06:17 PM
Sounds like you had a really good trip

Bundy 8-)

serene_lady
26-08-2006, 09:44 PM
I fished the Rock Cod Shoals only once about 20 years ago and caught some nice fish, so it is good to see that there are still some good quality fish there. Well done and good to see a report from that area. Bob.