PDA

View Full Version : Quiet at Caloundra Wide.

madman1
27-11-2006, 07:40 AM
Left home at midnight to what was expected to be near perfect conditions and with great expectations in mind we were quickly disappointed. Got to the spot at around 0330 with the sounder lighting up like a Christmas tree. To our disappointment there was a slight amount of west in the wind which from our experience puts the fish to sleep.

After a heavy few days on the drink and a huge dose of garlic the night before it wasn't too long before it all became too much for the madman and it was pants down and hanging over the side but to my shock the kids took the dunny roll off of the boat along with the reef anchor. Oh well my boxers shorts were ready for the bin any way.

A few minutes later it was coming from the other end. After I pooed and spewed was when I bagan to feel better.

After a quick kip the first baby snapper was boated followed shortly after by another snap and three pearlies.

With the flotaers out we noticed a big spash over to the starboard side. Low and behold a 10 + kilo Bull Dollie was boated and the sea sicknes slowly subsided.

An hour later with no additional fish but a few bite offs from the floaters we decided to have a slow troll home. After losing the anchor and 60 + metres of rope we were ready.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ the Daiwa SLD went off like a frog in a sock and produced a 8 - 10 Kg Hoo.

Then that was it.

Headed home in absolute sh!thouse conditions with swell against chop and 15 plus knots.

So there you have it.

The moral of the story is dont go out when the westerly's are blowing and dont eat a whole bunch of garlic the night before.

Sorry no pics. It was the first time that we didn't take it out and we get two great fish. Oh well.

Cheers

Madman.

Lone_Wolf
27-11-2006, 08:16 AM
At least you still got a feed MM. I was a little concerned when you started talking about having "floaters" out after your little piece on too much drink and garlic the night before #;D

LW

madman1
27-11-2006, 08:19 AM
The garlic may have been the problem not the westerlies!!!lol

bidkev
27-11-2006, 08:27 AM
At least you still got a feed MM. I was a little concerned when you started talking about having "floaters" out after your little piece on too much drink and garlic the night before ;D

LW

And then he mentions heading home in shithouse conditions! :o.........no bloody wonder! ::)..........he created 'em ;D ;D ;D

Brissyguy
27-11-2006, 09:09 AM
LMFAO.

Rough nite MM but at least you took home a good feed.
Well done.

Rich.

SgBFish
27-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Tried to get ourselves yesterday morning but hit 20Knts of NW. :(
There was a bloody surf breaking at the bottom of Bribie.
There is always next weekend. :) :)

larfin
27-11-2006, 10:14 AM
I was out at caloundra wide for a little while last thursday.
Found it a bit slow too.
cheers
greg

pittymick
27-11-2006, 11:31 AM
me and a mate bagged out on 3kg plus biggest would have been 5kg on friday morning at call wide, lost couple big freight trains due to poor knots on the stinger rig either the leaders may be getting little oldis :-/