PDA

View Full Version : Hoo Doo

JustOneMore
26-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Got out yesterday for another shot at some hoo after hearing the reports during the week. Started trolling off the cape in search of our second wahoo, first hit and a small stripped tuna takes the lure. Lures back out and just before 7am the closest set lure starts screaming away. First glimise of the boat and the hoo shakes it's head, flicks the top treble and heads for cairns at an amazing speed. Now with the knowledge that I've only got him with the bottom treble and don't know how well it's hooked, I start getting more line back than i loose with each run. A little bit of maneuvering around the engine and Dan pull's a great gaff shot to land a hoo on the deck. ;D ;D 8-)

We had purchased some extra skirts during the week for a shot at some mahi mahi or small marlin. After a couple of hard hours trolling the skirts without even a hint of action we changed techniques. Think we may have had the wrong spread or speed? Within 30mins we have a hook up and a 6kg mac tuna is tailed into the boat and released to hastle someone else. Time was running out for our day on the water and on the last zig before the last zag. Dan notices one of the rods go limp as another lights up! ;D One lure bitten off, as Dan fights the other stike. With out too much fuss and a couple of short sharp bursts, our second hoo for the day comes onboard. ;D ;D

Caught some frigate mac's on the way home in the bay for a little fun, jigged the beacons for zip and continued home. Not a blistering day but good to be out on the water with consistent action.

JustOneMore
26-11-2006, 09:20 AM
10kg wahoo, second for the boat and a first for me. Love these speedsters!!!

JustOneMore
26-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Second wahoo for the day, Dan with a solid 6kg hoo.

Dogbream
26-11-2006, 10:27 AM
6kg is a really solid for a wahoo must be almost a record ;D

the dog

REELY
26-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Might not be the biggest wahoo ever caught but their not bad chewin at that size, well done lads. ;)

larfin
26-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Im with reely great eating that size.
hoos got the frying pan.
cheers
greg

oddbudman
26-11-2006, 12:30 PM
More wahoo puns on the boards today than you can poke a stick at, not too supprising going by the numbers being reported on the VHF yesterday.

For the record it was good eating. Had a few steaks of the 10kg specimen last night - yummo.

Sure wasn't my day yesterday- a few spews along with only hooking a stripy and macktuna on the pull. There's always next time I suppose, fingers crossed we are heading into a productive season.

oddbudman

Wayne_Red
26-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Nice fish nice hats. Looks like a nice day and good fun
Wayne

Slient
27-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Good job... 8-)...Now you know How to chase them...you'll teach me to nag one of them when I go back to your old crew... ;D
Not forget you still chase Dollie & small marlin... ;)

Happy fishing
Silent

oddbudman
27-11-2006, 12:17 PM
B_ML3yhnpsc

oddbudman
27-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Handshakes all round - what fishing is all about :)

Slient
27-11-2006, 01:49 PM
My face's getting green....
Nice gaft job Dan!

Clint06
27-11-2006, 01:57 PM
Looks like you guys had an awesome day... give me a yell if your heading out next weekend to chase a few more of those hoo. Picked up the new boat the other day so im all set to get back into it ;)
Clint

madman1
27-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Sounds like there were a few spews out there yesterday. At least I'm not the only one!!

Nothing beats fresh Wahoo in beer batter.

liberty
27-11-2006, 03:27 PM
Nice fish. Congrats!

madmackrel
27-11-2006, 11:02 PM
8-) Hey fellas good catch, i should have gone to hutchies as well, ah well next time, i was the bloke asking about your boat, great looking rig youve got there. Cheers MM