PDA

View Full Version : Minnie Water/Sandon

rtranter
27-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Lobbed down at Minnie water last Friday for the Weekend with our Fishing Club weekend comp. :) :)
Pretty poor turnout. >:( >:(
Only my lot and one other family turned up, but we had a good time. ;)
6a.m Saturday we put in at Minnie Water, and headed north, no GPS, just a sounder and some very vague directions from the off sider. :-/ :-/
Found some reef and gave it a go, within five minutes Andy had a legal Squire, :) released him, baited up and over the side for another go, as he hit bottom, bang he's on, and this was a good fish. After a few minutes Andy's got him to the surface, we net him and he measures at 64cm, (we don't weigh them at our club) nice fish Andy, I think I'll keep this one was the pommies reply. ;D ;D
It took me another twenty minutes before I got one, a reasonable Squire of 42cm. :)
All morning the reports from other fisher people on the radio was not good. :( :(
By about 9.30 the nore easters up and we head home. :(
The fish eaters et well that night. ;) ;)
Sunday morn and we're up and gone again, South this time.
Doesn't take long and we return to be straight out off Minnie about 2/3 mile. The waters a fare bit lumpyer than saturday, and old mates feeling the pinch. :o :o :o
by 9.00am. I'm feeling pretty sorry for him :-[ so we head home.
The result for the day.
Two wobbygongs, 4 rock cod, and two sargo's.
At least we weren't alone.
a good time had but apoor result in the fishing :(.
Hope it's better next time out. ;) ;)
Cheers
Rob 8-)

murf
28-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Hi Rob

Its all good in a beautifull place though ;)

the weather was okay for you. Looked reel good on Fri arvo with a glass out.

the pro down here is reported as getting $14/kg for Red RockCod? Makes you wonder about ordering Lobster :-/

Ducked out with Wayne on the Sat morning for a quick fish from Arrawarra. Wayne caught all the fish ::) bar a small amberjack for me. caught 7 snapper to 78cm and a King to about 5kg (hundreds of rat Kings were wrecking the snapper fishing. Wayne ended up catching the biggest snapper and the King on a 15lb hand line ;D ;D ;D I couldn't stop laughing at the words flying out of him as the line cut his fingers. Well he did want to do something different :D

Heard of someone letting off a smoke flare up near you on the radio, thought of you guys up there, did you hear any more on what happened?

cheers Murf

Wayne_Red
28-11-2006, 07:23 PM
They don't get any better looking than that snapper, what a beauty
Wayne

beaross
28-11-2006, 08:00 PM
I spent a week down at Sandon in September, got a few nice snapper - but the place was swarming with little red rock cod and Sargos.. very annoying at times!

I did notice too that the pros at Sandon were keeping rock cod along with their snapper :-? with that price it makes sense now ;) Wonder who pays that much for them??

But yeah - Sandon/Minnie - beautiful spots, will be back again.

doogs
28-11-2006, 08:37 PM
Hi guys,

Am heading down to Minnie Water on Friday. How are the banks on the beach for a beach launch? We beach launched before.
Also any tips for a safe and succesful launch?

Cheers

doogs
28-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Also, are there any baitgrounds close by?

rtranter
29-11-2006, 06:35 AM
Tell him he's a b@$tard murf, nice fish, and yeah Friday was the pick of days, but after I set up camp, all I could do was sit and drink that 4xgold stuff, and enjoy the view.
Yeh I did here of a boat being toed in but thats all no major drama's I don't think.

Doogs,
You can launch safely at the southern end of Minnie beach, you do have a 4wd don't you? Launch the further south for the firmer sand. Once in the water keep an eye on the depth, it can be a bit shallow in places.
And keep an eye out for the council ranger, as it is a council beach, and you're supposed to have a permit to drive on the beach, mine ran out a fare while back and I keep forgetting to renew it. Depending how long you're staying you may be able to purchase one from the store.
Bait grounds around the corner to the north, around 100 metre behind the break, in line with where the beach access track is, you'll see the track from the water, can't miss it.
Good luck and tight lines. I'll be inland chasing the yellas and cod.
Rob 8-)

revs57
29-11-2006, 07:25 PM
gee Rob you're giving away all the good info!!!! ;) ;) ;)

doogs
30-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Thanks for that Rob.
What I mean't to say was, we haven't beach launcged before. I do have a 4WD though.
Anyway, leave tomorow. I hope this weather comes good!

Cheers
Doogs

rtranter
04-12-2006, 05:34 PM
gee Rob you're giving away all the good info!!!! ;) ;) ;)
Can't be too good rev's ;)
Or maybe it's that I can't fish all that good. ;D
But I sure have a good time. ;D ;D ;D

Doogs
How'd you go at Minnie?
My trip out west chasing the yellas was a good time but not many fish (1 Silver perch over the weekend)

HMMMMM

Maybe I'm right
I can't fish?
Rob 8-).

revs57
08-12-2006, 06:15 AM
G'day Rob,

Well we're heading down on the 18th for three sweet weeks...hanging out!!!

Cheers

Rhys

JEWIENEWIE
08-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Revs 57, will be down Sandon over new year with a mate. If you bump in to a very funny welsh guy named billy, thats my mate, more than willing to have a beer or two. I will be in a 4.2m stacer runabout. Say g'day and well have a beer. What are you in??
Jewie

revs57
09-12-2006, 05:07 AM
G'day Jewie,

We'll be staying at the Minnie Water Caravan Park, and Flamin Riptide is a 6mt Riptide Alloy Boat Cuddy Cab with a hardly recognisable but I'm told distinct paint job that wouldn't let me sneak into a crowd unnoticed ;D ;D ;D see avatar

Will look out for you...always on for a malt sandwich

Hope to see you down there

Cheers

Rhys

doogs
09-12-2006, 10:49 AM
Rob,

Had a great time down there.
Stayed at Illaroo in the national park. What a beautiful spot!
Not much luck with the fish. Howling northerlies the whole time we were there. Didn't get to fish outside. Fished the Wooli river for a decent feed of flat one's and a couple of small bream.
Overall had a great trip, just a really relaxing place. Will definetely be back