PDA

View Full Version : Mackerel, sore arms and Kingies off the Tweed

flickflack
09-12-2006, 08:31 AM
HI All

Had the boys from Creek to Coast down on Friday. The plan was to try and get some footage of mackerel in the morning and then to head out wide and do some jigging. Peter Bollackk from SEAMASTER CHARTERS took us out for the day and we met him at the harbour at 4.00. We headed straight up to palmie and joined the crowd. There were a few mackerel but they seemed a bit camera shy. We must have dropped4 or 5 at the boat before landing a couple. Just as we were leaving to head out wide the bloke next to us had his rod pulled into the water by a mackerel. What happened next was the funniest thing. One of the guys was spinning wehn he shouts Yup I am on! I look at the rod tip but it doesnt look right. I guessed what was happening immediately. He had caught the other guys line with the slug. I quickly grabbed the rod backing the drag off so that the hook on the slug doesnt burn the mono off we hand line the rod in and land the mackerel. How good was that. After picking up the pick we headed over and returned old mates rod that he had only bought 2 days before. Big smiles all round.
We then headed out to the 50's looking for some reefies and jigging. We were really doing it tough with Peter doing his best to put us onto some good fish. On our last spot before we were to head home the sounder showed heaps of fish hanging off a nice pinnacle. We dropped the jigs down and the mayhem started. All three of us hooked up on 300g Chaos jigs and Peter went down with a livie and hooked up as well. 4 Rods bending for the cameras and anglers shouting their heads off. We landed all four and were straight in again. The fish were all between 8kg and 15kg with non stop action. At one stage I could not get the jig to the top without hooking up. We got the camera man onto his first Kingie and the producer onto his first fish. All were complaining about sore arms so we left them biting their heads off and headed home. We kept a few for a feed and put the rest back.

Many thanks to the boys from Seamaster Charters they run a top ship and really go that extra mile.

Good fishing to you all

Rod.

flickflack
09-12-2006, 08:32 AM
:o

flickflack
09-12-2006, 08:33 AM
;)

flickflack
09-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Watch out for this show it will be a cracker.
Group shot

capt
09-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Great story and pics Rod....another funny story about the Palmy Circus.... there's many out there .... ;D When and where should we look for this report on the telly ?
Cheers Jimmy

flickflack
09-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Jimmy

I dont think it will be going to air till early next year. I think they still have to sort out exact dates.

Cheers Rod

Frank_Oostenbroek
09-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Well done Rod,

You seem to know how to get them.

Frank OO

roz
09-12-2006, 03:57 PM
Can't get away from those kingies!!! Sooo much fun.

Great report & good pics as well. Will also try and catch up with you in '07.

cheers r.

jeffo
09-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Scotty really livens up the boat doesnt he!! He's a laugh a minute!! ya think he plays it up for the camera until you fish with him for the day.....like a bull at a gate 24/7!!

DaneCross
09-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Nice Rod. Keep us up to date with when it'll go to air - should be great to watch!

bigal
09-12-2006, 07:43 PM
QUALITY FISH MATE. WELL DONE

Smailesy
10-12-2006, 06:26 AM
great fish you got to be happy with them

Fishing_Freddy
10-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Sounds like fun was had by all, great photos. Will keep an eye out for the show
Ken ;D :) ;D

Jay_S
10-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Nice Kingies mate :o :o
Bet they pulled hard ;D

Cheers Jay 8-)

StevenM
10-12-2006, 08:17 PM
Nice work Rod if you can get it

Re Pete... best opperator I have come across. reaallllyyy goes the extra mile for the punters

cheers

Steven

Jim_Byrne
10-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Sounds like a great day out!

I've also been out with Pete and had a cracker of a day. Am looking forward to my trip next year.

Cheers

Jim