PDA

View Full Version : more marlin

snapperbasher
14-12-2006, 06:38 PM
I just saw the other posts here about people catching marlin so thought i would add my own story ;D. Decided to take the day off work yesterday and go and chase some wahoo off the cape, so left fisherman island ramp at 6 am with a gentle breeze blowing saw plenty of birds working on the way across the bay so stuffed around chasing them for a while with no luck ,so headed off for hutchies, first up I put two pakula cockaroaches out ,a lumo in the prop wash and a stripy right back, the lumo got a strike after about twenty minutes but missed the hooks two minutes later the stripy goes off. The better half was on first strike so i pulled the rod out of the holder and handed it to her I wasn't sure what we had, no blistering run so wahoo was doubtful. I saw a splash and thought maybe a dolphin fish when it got closer i could see electric blue in the water so was pretty sure that it was a dolphin it wasn't untill it stuck it's head out that I realised it was a black. a couple of minutes later I had the trace in my hand and then it started goin bananas. 2 min later had it beside the boat couldn't find the gloves in all the commotion so silly me grabbed it by the nose bare handed and it proceeded to shake the s*&t out of me untill the top hook went right thru my left arm and the bottom one was still stuck in the fishes mouth it then tried to jump again and straightened the bottom hook so i just let him go to get the hook out of my arm. After flattening the barb i threaded the hook back thru and wrapped the arm up and started trolling again about an hour later we hooked up again this time there were plenty of aeriels so knew it was another black straight away. I was on strike so it was a bit painfull fighting the fish busted up like I was but i hung in there and landed another nice black without a hitch this time. anyway i'm sick of typing with sore hands so ill post some pics.

snapperbasher
14-12-2006, 06:43 PM
marlin

snapperbasher
14-12-2006, 06:44 PM
another

snapperbasher
14-12-2006, 06:45 PM
one more

jack_attacks
14-12-2006, 09:06 PM
nice fish there SB...the weather has been awsome over the past three days or so...

I headed out again this morning...nice little yellowfin, plus lost lure to another...

You gotta love summer ;)
Playtime

Brownbear
15-12-2006, 01:23 PM
:)Blacks all round Snapperbasher! Good to see :o

lattic
15-12-2006, 05:34 PM
Well done mate, thats awesome love seeing them caught out of tinnies.

Muz

Thunderbird
15-12-2006, 07:32 PM
nice fish but how would you like it if i grabed you by the ears and held you up for a photo????

snapperbasher
15-12-2006, 09:15 PM
How would you like it if I caught you, kissed you & cut you up!?!?!?! ;)

The fish were released unharmed.

Thunderbird
15-12-2006, 10:37 PM
handle with care is the only message i'm trying to get through....
great fish and give them the respect they deserve.
Yeah take a pic or two but the way the fish in pic is held up is not good.

liberty
16-12-2006, 06:40 PM
... The fish were released unharmed ...

Good on ya Snapperbasher! Great fish ..

SWFISHER
16-12-2006, 07:29 PM
nice fish well done