PDA

View Full Version : Hervey Bay

block
11-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Hi All

Thinking about planing a trip to the bay this weekend. Has anyone heard if the spotted mackerel are on the chew up at Platypus bay? Thay did not show in big numbers last year, just hoping for a report be for a 3hr tow up that way

Dwane

jibby
12-12-2006, 01:24 AM
I just got back from Wathumba Creek on Friday and we only caught 1 spottie some schoolies and one yellowfin after 3 days of trolling. Mind you the wind was blowing a constant 20+ knots while we were up there which made life difficult. Let me know how you go. ;D

Sandman
12-12-2006, 07:41 AM
:'( hope they show up soon , last year was a poor show as you mentioned , hope to be there after new year.

435_Mark
14-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Just got back from Hervey Bay. Spotties were in about 20ft of water and going off their nut...... for about 45 minutes! 7 spotties, 1 schoolie for 4 keepers. No big fish amongst them. They were all around the 67cm mark. Heaps of schools of bonito as well. I just cruised up along Fraser checking out the schools of fish. Came across the spotties at about 7:00AM and they were taking anything and everything. Had a great 3/4's of an hour. The notherly wind picked up a bit so I decided to just cruise back along Fraser.

Cheers,

Mark

snipe
14-12-2006, 05:15 PM
how far up fraser did you go mate? Wathumba area?

mangan
16-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Just came back from the bay as well. Only got out a couple of times in two weeks. Wind and more wind. Fished off the Arch Cliffs about 15 miles and only managed one spottie. Must have been smashed off at least a dozen times though. Big Spaniards at a guess. Trolled all the way back along Fraser to Moon Point with out any luck. They are there but a bit ellusive at the moment i think. Hope you have better luck with the fish and the wind.

block
18-12-2006, 07:10 AM
Hi all
Called the trip off , to windy, will have a go on christmas & boxday if not to windy : :))
Dwane