PDA

View Full Version : more fast fish /hutchies

nofrills
16-12-2006, 10:09 AM
howdy all

well as you might of seen /tackle page ,ive been setting up a little harness for my kids so they can tangle with some larger fish.Part of that means ive had to start high speed trolling,for the last 10 or so years ive slow trolled spaniards around the place but the problem is its a great way to make kids crook driving slowly round and round,so its out with the lures and start suckin the juice.

Tuesday morning early i headed out to hutchies and started trolling at 530.I nailed a small yellow fin straight up so things were lookin good.It wasnt until about 0700 that the next reel screamed off, after about 5 min a nice hoo came up for a look at me and promptly shook the lure out with a head shake.So a lap over the same mark and i was hooked up on his mate who was unable to escape.I worked the same bait for a while and suddenly the old spinfisher screemed its head off and i look out the back to see a black marlin air bourne and also picking up another of my lines at the same time.It was pretty stressful for a while trying to get the other lines in and untangle the wrapped up one but managed to get him boatside and measured 1.8m plus the bill''cool''.another hour or so and a couple of mac tuna later another smaller black was on this one didnt do any aerials for me just a couple of big head shakes and he was released to tourment jeffo when he gets bigger.
I trolled for a bit longer and was thinkin about pullin the pin when the tld25 screemed off at an alarming rate and was half empty in no time a very impressive black then half surfaced out the back and flicked the lure skyward :o.

Thursday morning was to be the kids morning to come out,the thursday forecast was the best for the week but turns out we should have gone wednesday ::).The northerly had just started to puff early thursday and i wasn't keen to be out there with them if it got sloppy,our boats only 5.3 so you have to be carefull.I let the kids sleep and headed out at around 0600 the hoo seemed to be around in fair numbers whith myself nailing 2 and a friend in another boat getting 3 including a double hookup.I then hooked up on a nice dolly{my first}which put on a great aerial show and the colours were just unbelievable.we headed back in at 1000 and to top the morning off i stopped and fired a single shot into a mactuna school in front of skirmish and pulled out a horse school mackerel of 4kg :o.Mum then met me at the ramp and we took the kids flat head fishing and swimming to finish off a top day.

So id say im pretty hooked on this high speed stuff ATM, ive just gotta hide the fuel dockets from mum.

merry christmas
scotty and the Nofrills crew.

skulldrag
16-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Well Done sounds like you had ball, Also great pic :)

jack_attacks
16-12-2006, 11:00 AM
no frills

Fantastic effort there mate - I saw you out on Tuesday and Thursday - weather on Thursday was a little bumpy on the way out, but I came had a great trip across the bay around 10am when I went home.

Great to see the little boats out there amongst the bills !

See you on the water again next week...? #Wed is looking ok for an early start... #

Do you have VHF on your boat?

Playtime.

Deiter
16-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Good work Scotty and crew. You shouldn't have to buy chrissy presents now - just wrap each fish in pressy paper and put 'em under the tree with the kids names on. ;)

BTW, you did well to be able to bring 4 fish into the house for a photo!! I would have been shooed outa there faster than a g-string at fat-club.

Cheers,
Damo

Fisher_Boats
16-12-2006, 12:34 PM
No Frills Marvin ;D ;D

Well done mate ;)

Thanks for the tuna, we'll see if we can convert it into something else tommorrow night.
Talk to ya

Cheers Col

JB
16-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Some good fishing there No Frills, love the photo ;D

nofrills
16-12-2006, 01:17 PM
playtime

yea im always on 21,i usually lay low over the holidays but its gonna be hard to not go if it calms down ;D

Damo,wasnt i nice to let her sleep in :-X

don't tell mum
cheers scotty

Sportfish_5
16-12-2006, 01:35 PM
Nice Scottie

That schoolie is on the roids :o

Cheers

Greg

dfox
16-12-2006, 02:50 PM
Well done scotty! Once again you prove your smarter then you look old mate ;D
Have a great chrissy and new year, by the looks youve already had a top start ...foxy

larfin
16-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Great pic.
The only fish allowed in my house are fillets.
cheers
greg

liberty
16-12-2006, 06:38 PM
Nice fish!

SeaSaw
16-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Great work Scotty. Top couple of days effort. By high speed trolling, do ya mean 6 to 7 knots ::) ..... crank it up to 11 knots with some hex heads out the back and you will need a morgage on the house ;D

Well done.

Mark

nofrills
17-12-2006, 07:56 AM
thanks guys

foxy,,,''GET A MIRROR'' ;D

Mark yea i was around 7-9 i'd hate to be doing that all day with the big 225. on tuesday i left at 0430 and got back just before lunch and used 80 odd litres which is prolly nothing for a lot of people but thats double my usual bill.

cheers scotty

snapperm8
17-12-2006, 02:28 PM
well done mate

cheers dave

reel_scream
17-12-2006, 02:41 PM
well done scotty. Never rang you back to let you know how we went a couple of weeks ago because the weather went to shit.

enjoy the feed and have a great chrissy.

cheers ambo scott.

jack_attacks
17-12-2006, 04:05 PM
playtime

yea im always on 21,i usually lay low over the holidays but its gonna be hard to not go if it calms down #;D

Damo,wasnt i nice to let her sleep in :-X

don't tell mum
# # cheers scotty

Scotty
What is your boat's call sign...? #I am due out again on Wednesday, are you planning on a trip this week?
Matt
Playtime

nofrills
17-12-2006, 09:55 PM
hey matt

# call sign is Nofrills.I was considering a sickie on wednesday but i just checked seabreeze and the sunny coast graph is saying next sat but if the brissy graph is correct then wednesday is lookin good.
cheers scotty

Glind
18-12-2006, 09:20 AM
You are D'man Morris!

rollie
18-12-2006, 05:25 PM
:) Nofrills great effort mate good to see the littles in the pics too, Merry Christmas mate.
Cheers Rollie
;D

nofrills
19-12-2006, 07:16 PM
is that'' THE ROLLIE''?

jack_attacks
19-12-2006, 09:58 PM
hey matt

# call sign is Nofrills.I was considering a sickie on wednesday but i just checked seabreeze and the sunny coast graph is saying next sat but if the brissy graph is correct then wednesday is lookin good.
cheers scotty

Scotty

I am heading out - weather looks great on seabreeze - under 12 knots tomorrow morning until after midday. You heading out? I will be on the water at 4am.

Cheers
Matt