PDA

View Full Version : Spotties at Palm Beach Reef

ratherbefishin
27-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi Guys,
I have a chance to get down to palm beach reef next Friday Morning (1 Dec 06), but living a couple of hours away I'd appreciate some local updates.
Are the Spotties running there at the moment? whats the crowd situation?
Any tips on the Currumbin bar at the moment?

Any tips much appreciated

Ratherbefishin
:)

Nelster
27-11-2006, 07:02 PM
well we went out sunday .. got two tailor thats all .. half dosen boats.. only saw two spotties caught .. .. but trust me mate if there on you won't see it on here .. thats about the only place ppl dont' post about.. because i'd say you'd get about 50+ boats out haha
the bar is shallow as .. i got out on low tide .. in my hornet .. and had to raise the motor to keep it off the bottom.
cheers
chris

bidkev
27-11-2006, 11:15 PM
Mate, give Mermaid a go if Palmy is chokka. I've found that it fires the same time as Palm and often isn't as busy...........then again, I could just've been lucky. :-/ :-/

Also, last time I was at Palm (last year) it was heaving and so I anchored just off the reef and we bagged out in an hour....some guys in kayaks were slaying 'em also and they were on the fringe as well.

kev

ratherbefishin
28-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Thanx guys,
I also got word through an email that they are there but in thinner numbers at the moment. Hopefully Friday being a few days before full moon I'll do alright.
I'll check back on Thu night if anyone's got the latest.

RAP

rollie
19-12-2006, 06:21 PM
will try mermaid this weekend 23/12/06
thnaks mate

Fisher4life
19-12-2006, 09:01 PM
well we went out sunday .. got two tailor thats all .. half dosen boats.. only saw two spotties caught .. .. but trust me mate if there on you won't see it on #here .. thats about the only place ppl dont' post about.. because i'd say you'd get about 50+ boats out haha
the bar is shallow as .. i got out on low tide .. in my hornet .. and had to raise the motor to keep it off the bottom.
cheers
chris

well what i have recently learn't, if someone does post a spottie report, the mod's are quick remove the post... :-X

keen_angler
20-12-2006, 10:32 AM
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me where Mermaid reef is, I have heard a bit about it but can't seem to find it.

Any help would be great.

Thanks