PDA

View Full Version : New Noosa River Speed Limit

Fish_guru
15-12-2006, 07:58 AM
A mate of mine learned the hard way that the speed limits have changed on the Noosa River last week. :-

I encourage everyone who uses the Noosa River to follow the link to the MSQ website I have placed below. MSQ have colour maps in PDF format to download and it will save you $150.00 of your Xmas budget.

Basically, the major change is the seasonal six knot speed limit imposed from “T” Boats Jetty down stream to the Noosa Bar. The seasonal speed limit is from the 1st of December to the 31st of January and from Good Friday to the following Sunday after Easter. The area mentioned used to be 20 knots and the boys in blue have been out in force every weekend.

I think the speed limit is good for the peak time of year as the Noosa River can get very busy with people canoeing, Swimming (across the river) and heavy boat traffic. I just think it should have been advertised better. My mate said the Fisheries guys were very polite and said that they have unfortunately been given orders from above them to book people after the first weekend of the new speed limit. I guess they have a job to do, but I certainly would hate to be handing the tickets out.

Just my two cents, hope this helps people that use the Noosa River. Just keep your eyes open for the 6 knot signs on the beacons. :)

http://www.msq.qld.gov.au/qt/msq.nsf/index/noosa_river_review

rollie
18-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks for the info mate have a good one! :)

tuskie
20-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Thanks fish_guru,

I'm up there in the new year and wouldn't want an unexpected surprise.

You are right, it does get a bit hectic over the busy times of year. Some clowns don't know when it is a good idea to slow down, so it looks like we are all being punished. And a bit of revenue raising always seems to "unavoidably" be thrown into the mix.

I am concerned that I will be crossing the bar without an opportunity to give the motor a good squirt in safer waters.

Thanks for the tip,
Tuskie

Daniel_Trenfield
20-12-2006, 10:20 PM
Top policy that...Should help get rid of the jet skis

Dan.

griz066
21-12-2006, 12:08 PM
Cool 8-)