PDA

View Full Version : straddie

JEWIENEWIE
21-12-2006, 12:55 PM
Well, i just got back from a long weekend at straddie and the weather was not playing the game at all. Started to rain friday night and then the wind came and stayed for the four days i was there. Fished everday in the rainbow channell in less than good conditions to no avail at all. Had one good hook up, dont know what it was but was taking line off me at a great speed. I hooked it alongside the rock wall, gave chase and ended up right over the other side of the chanell before blowing it big time and being snapped off! The fish at one stage must have turned and swam straight back at me as my line went slack, i thought i had dropped it so i tightened my drag and started to reel my line back in when all of sudden, Hello your still there and it took off again but with tight drag, twang, she was off. Would of loved to even get a look to see what it was, any ideas from local straddie fishos? I was using unweighted pillies, It stiked a bit like a Jewie? and ran like a steam train.
Had a great stay overall, except for the wankers in their 4wd who seem to have no respect for the 40kh speed limit on Flinders beach and nearly hit my one year old and my mates 2yer old on several occasions, I think some people fail to remember that it is a privelage to drive on the beach and pedestrains should be there not vicer versa.
Jewie

Fisher4life
21-12-2006, 04:33 PM
possibly a XOS longtail, have seen a few bashing around there lately, however they normally don't play with the bait before hitting it...

rollie
21-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Better luck next time mate...