PDA

View Full Version : Skirts

DORO
22-12-2006, 11:52 AM
How do you rig up skirts and are they worth while using for mac's & tuna?

What kind are the best for these breeds.

Do they just slide up and down your line or do you tie them off?

Are the expensive. Do you use them with lures & bait?

Any info would be a grat help.

DORO

goldfish
22-12-2006, 07:17 PM
hi i have only been using skirts for a year or so for marlin. and still havn't cougjt my first one yet (but i will) but have got a few tuna as by catch. anyways the skirt is ment to slide up the line. they aren't cheep but $20-$80 should cover most. if you buy one then look at how it is rigged it is easy enough to do yourself.
i know its not much but i hope it is of some help
cheers
rick

liberty
22-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Get the DVD "Between the Lines" by Peter Pakula. It covers pretty well everything you need to know about catching big fish on lures. Understandably it features pakula lures, but you learn an awful lot very quickly.

There is a lot of water out there.

Highly recommended.

DORO
22-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Cheers fellas, might have to get that dvd anything to enhance my fishing knowledge

DORO

gcbfc
23-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Just a small correction there..

Between the Lines is actually a CDROM. It doesnt play in a DVD player, but must be run from your PC (wont run on a MAC).

It is a combination of Text, images,videos and animations.

Had a few people buy them thinking it was a 'sit down and watch' type of thing over the years.

There is a good 3 days worth of reading and watching on it.

Cheers

Wayne

liberty
26-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Wayne,

Thats twice in a week I've been corrected!

;-)

Yes, you are right it is a CD-ROM and you have to watch it/read it on your PC - not your TV.

gcbfc
27-12-2006, 06:51 AM
Funny how many people buy it thinking its a DVD then ring me up when they cannot watch it on the TV.

I'm going to start selling Media Centre PC's next LOL

The fish are still around !

Cheers

Wayne