PDA

View Full Version : adelaide charters

king_fisher_nick01
20-12-2006, 05:35 AM
i will be going on a charter boat for my birthday in adelaide and was just wondering what are some good charter boats. however i do not want to just be catching nice tasting fish like orange ruffy or snapper i want to be fishing for king fish tuna and the likes can anybody suggest any charters for me.

thanks for any help nick.

marlinqld
20-12-2006, 06:21 AM
I would think maybe out of Victor Harbour down south there would be some good charters.........

Mike

blaze
20-12-2006, 07:36 AM
Do a search on kangaroo island, there is a couple of charter boats run outa there and from what I have read its closer to the tuna.
cheers
blaze

yellahunter
20-12-2006, 07:54 AM
there used to be some good charters heading out from victor harbour / rapid bay area,
i know they used to go ok on the big silver trevally, kings, snapper and warehou

good luck mate

drawn
20-12-2006, 08:56 PM
I'm in SA. If you want a charter from Adelaide that produces Kingies and Tuna it won't happen as they don't get them in the metro area. The only way to get those fish is to take a charter from down Victor Harbour way or all the way over to Pt Lincoln where you can go out for a few days to catch tuna, samsons, kingies, plus the usual snapper, whiting etc. Also depends what time of year you are coming as we don't get tuna all year round.
If it is to be a one day charter out from Adelaide you will have to be happy with king george whiting, snapper, snook and few other odds and ends.

drawn

griz066
21-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Good luck mate enjoy 8-)

king_fisher_nick01
22-12-2006, 11:36 AM
thanks guys for all the help. my dad is prepared to drive me to port lincoln and go fishing from there. i really really dont want to just be catching king george whiting snook or snapper. i want to go oout on a one day trip and catch tuna and or kingfish. please any help.

thanks nick

drawn
25-12-2006, 10:53 PM
When are you going to Adelaide?

drawn

Shitty_Master
27-12-2006, 06:51 PM
thanks guys for all the help. my dad is prepared to drive me to port lincoln and go fishing from there. i really really dont want to just be catching king george whiting snook or snapper. i want to go oout on a one day trip and catch tuna and or kingfish. please any help.

thanks nick

You have an awesome dad, he does know its about 9 hrs driving from Adelaide to Lincoln doesn't he.

I suggest you take the ferry from Wallaroo to Lincoln which has recently started running. Its cost $25 a person and $99 for a car (not to sure about the car cost).