PDA

View Full Version : Hutchies Hit and Miss

JustOneMore
24-12-2006, 10:28 PM
Only a quick report tonight, not many reports up this weekend? Either everyone's out fishing or it's a little quite out there?

Got out to Huchies on Saturday morning for our first serious shot at some marlin action. Arrived at the ramp a little late after the boat was parked in and some early morning car moving exercise with a trolley jack mean't we departed the just after dawn. Straight out to flinders in better than expected conditions, got the hard body lures in the water for an early morning hoo. After about an hour we had two quick hits with speed but lost both before we even got to the rods. Another smaller and not so fast hit and miss then a bonito.

Time to change tactics and a spread of four pakula's went out with the witch-doctor. As the WD was going out we had a good hit on the long corner which left us with only a good splash. Finally got a hit and we stayed connected. Saw a mahi mahi going aerial. Awesome stuff. He had grabbed the shortest lure on the lightest line class. After a great fight and two missed gaff shots we finally had my first mahi mahi. ;D

Got another follow by a wahoo but no hit. Called it a day around 12pm and headed back across the bay. Not a single boil, Nothing! Never seen the bay soo quite? Whole day was fairly quite with the hits tentative at best, and we only got one fish from six strikes. :o

Going to Noosa tomorrow, not looking good for the offshore action with predicted winds but we'll see what's up there. ;)

JOM

JustOneMore
24-12-2006, 10:30 PM
First Mahi Mahi! ;D

larfin
25-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Nice fish
thanks for the report
cheers
greg

jack_attacks
25-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Just - congrats on your first dolly.

I have found the same - some days at hot and some not! #I have done a number of trips to Hutchies over the past forthnight...a couple of times I have lucked out, but the other few times have come home with a feed of yellowfin or hoo.

;DLets hope the weather improves...I have a few Christmas presents I want to try on the local hoo population # ;D
Playtime

snapperm8
25-12-2006, 05:18 PM
great fish there mate

cheers dave

Slient
25-12-2006, 06:45 PM
It was quiet out there but one scene I was amazed to witness the dolly jumped in the air and quite a good battle also hard get it on the boat phew...
Had dolly fillet on BBQ and it tasted mmmm...so good...

Slient
25-12-2006, 06:47 PM
:)

nob
26-12-2006, 06:25 AM
bewdiful fish there mate

love the dollies.... good on the chew as well

cheers

nob

jibby
27-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Great to see the dollies are around they are great to catch and even better to eat. If you have any livies on board throw them out if the dollies are around they are suckers for live baits.

Smithy
27-12-2006, 04:05 PM
Had Hutchies to ourselves Boxing day on Ymer. #Got a few Hoo and a Cobe but no cigar on the Marlin front. #Bakes was out there as well getting into them himself in the new boat.

Smithy
27-12-2006, 04:06 PM
Look out for this in coming months - XTSea.

bakes
27-12-2006, 05:48 PM
No marlin for us either. was suprised to see no other boats out there apart from Ymer n us.

liberty
27-12-2006, 09:54 PM
We got a 20kg Black and a couple of Hoo off Trench/Hutchies on the 23rd but it was v v quiet at midday. Everyone was rolling around without hookups. See how we go tomorrow!

Slient
28-12-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey Liberty...

We saw your impressive boat last 23rd and indeed it was quiet on this day...
Anyway you did better than us by 20kg black...
We'll try score our first black in near future...

liberty
28-12-2006, 07:29 PM
Went out to the Trench today, but was pretty darn ugly. Cold, raining, 20 knots, 2 metre seas and 2 metre swell.

When we shipped around 40 gallons over the front of the boat for the second time this morning we bailed and headed into the Bay where we were duly ignored by the Tuna...

Looks to be a little better tomorrow so we'll try again.

I am having trouble with the word sk*nked ... ::)

The other guys out there (4 flybridges and 1 trailer boat) didnt sound like they were having any more fun or success either ...

liberty
28-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Went out to the Trench today, but was pretty darn ugly. Cold, raining, 20 knots, 2 metre seas and 2 metre swell - exactly as the Bureau forecast said - at their 3:00pm update this afternoon... >:(

When we shipped around 40 gallons over the front of the boat for the second time this morning we bailed and headed into the Bay where we were duly ignored by the Tuna...

Looks to be a little better tomorrow so we'll try again.

I am having trouble with the word sk*nked ... ::)

The other guys out there (4 flybridges and 1 trailer boat) didnt sound like they were having any more fun or success either ...