PDA

View Full Version : Trench - Wednesday morning

jack_attacks
21-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Just a quick post as not much to report.

Fished the trench yesterday morning with not much luck - beautiful morning however. #Had 2 shots, 1 from a little black and one from an unidentified #;D, but dropped both. #I was towing plastics, and green pakula cockroach was hit both times... ;)

Fished the trench wall, and the eastern end dogleg from about 6am - 9:30am before heading home. I heard of a couple of boats raising marlin while I was out there, but other than the one trying to eat my pakula #:o, I didn't see any fish.

Got some nice pics of the sunrise over moreton which I will post up.

Playtime

nofrills
21-12-2006, 06:02 PM
hey matt

good to meet up out there.We didn't turn a reel all morning and i think we
tried until midday,oh well it makes us appreciate the good days even more hey.And its still better than workin.

cheers scotty

reel_scream
21-12-2006, 06:20 PM
I agree. Thanks for the trip scotty and good to see/meet you playtime. Nice weather, no fish- thats why it's called fishing not catching [smiley=beer.gif] That much better than work i had a sickie last night.

cheers Ambo scott.

jack_attacks
21-12-2006, 07:01 PM
hey matt

# #good to meet up out there.We didn't turn a reel all morning and i think we
tried until midday,oh well it makes us appreciate the good days even more hey.And its still better than workin.

# # cheers scotty

Scotty
Yep, I agree - despite the lack of fish, it still was worth getting up early to be on the water. Glad to meet up with you out there too. When you are out there solo, it is always nice to know there is someone else out there you can yell out to...

You out again soon?

I am heading up the sunny coast tomorrow morning to try for the mackeral - apparently there up there in reasonable numbers of cartwright and out at the gneerings...planning on hitting Hutchies again on Sat morning - will give you a call on 21 to see if you are about.

Matt

jack_attacks
21-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I agree. Thanks for the trip scotty and good to see/meet you playtime. Nice weather, no fish- thats why it's called fishing not catching [smiley=beer.gif] That much better than work i had a sickie last night.

cheers Ambo scott.

Cheers Scott - nice to see you out also...

Hope to catch you out there again soom...

Matt

jack_attacks
21-12-2006, 07:13 PM
sunrise over moreton bay

jack_attacks
21-12-2006, 07:14 PM
another

jack_attacks
21-12-2006, 07:19 PM
No frills out on the water...

madman1
21-12-2006, 07:56 PM
You can only dream of weather like that. Pitty bout the fish.

Better luck next time.

Cheers

Mark

DALEPRICE
21-12-2006, 08:15 PM
gday playtime,
heard you and scotty chatting away all morning on the
radio. i was out with bruce on cat-a-pult, we went up
to hutchies area and had a troll after you guys had
left but no luck at all.
cheers dale

rollie
21-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Sun rise looks great on the bay. :)

nofrills
22-12-2006, 10:28 AM
nice picies matt

i'll be laying low over chrissy,have to work most of it anyway.thinking of a bit of a go for sandies in the passage tommorow.Give it a couple of weeks though and those big macs better find a place to hide ;D

cheers scotty

liberty
22-12-2006, 08:41 PM
Nice photos from my favourite spot!

jack_attacks
22-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Nice photos from my favourite spot!

Liberty

I saw you out there the other day - your boat looks fantastic on the water ;)

Catch you out there
Matt
Playtime

lutjanus
28-12-2006, 08:18 PM
if the fishing is quite some times worth a look NE of hutchies for some hoo and larger blacks,
got a heap there last year.
good luck