PDA

View Full Version : IM EXCITED

maztez
07-01-2007, 11:42 AM
To pinch the late Big Kevs saying IM EXCITED..Today saw Brett (Brejen ) and I and our deckie Adam finally hit the water after weeks of garbage weather and other committments.We hit the broadie ramp at 430am and headed out the seaway around 5 to be confronted by some daring looking swells .Keep going was the word so we headed out to the 28s and decided to put a couple hard lures and one skirt out to test the rather large swells.After around an hour of nothing more exciting than one hit and miss I cops a great hit on the skirt .Just having set the hook a bloody great MARLIN decides to do a tail dance to
let us know its him we are playing with.
Played him for around 15 minutes managed to get him up to around 15feet from the boat when bang 80 lb braid snapped like string .
We reckonned this baby was around 5 to 6 foot long .So I suppose you could say it was a catch and release .
Wow the adrenalien is still pumping with this being a first for me after some 50 years of fishing and a first for the "MISTRESS".The only thing that spoilt it was forgetting the camera and video .Oh well next time ...and there will be a next time IM bitten now .
Cheers Terry ;D ;D ;D

Smailesy
07-01-2007, 01:06 PM
15 minutes of adrenalien top stuff at least you got to see him

Stubbie_Holder
07-01-2007, 04:27 PM
That's the epitome of trolling,
" hours of boredom followed by minutes of excitement "

but it can't be beaten!
Stubby!

skippa
07-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Yeah good on ya guys,

Here I am looking out the back window at a glassed out bay, not even a palm leaf moving, thinking I should be out there over the bar fishing and then the phone rings....... :-/

Mate, the ol man just go his first Black, it just did a tail dance right behind the back of the boat, ya shoulda seen it, says brett ... :o

Bugger, double Bugger, cause I got a Birthday BBQ to go to ..... arghhhh :-[

Good one Terry, I bet ya never forget it and now ya hooked ... ;)

Cheers,
Tony 8-)

maztez
07-01-2007, 08:16 PM
Ya right you know it is something I wont forget.I didnt mention in my first report that about an hour after the first hook-up I had another massive strike on another skirt .In the space of a second responce time the force of the strike had the rod holder mountings busted resulting in the loss of whatever it was. :'(
This old body had enuf adrenalin for one day .I reckon Brett got a good dose of it too ....what a great day
cheers Terry ;D ;D

Brejen
07-01-2007, 09:23 PM
Congrates Dad again you have one up on me

Unbloodyreal is what is still running thru my head.

What a day the old man hooked onto our first Billy, thats got more moves that MJ in thriller, me winding the outrigger lines in at a million miles an hour and the young bloke starting the chase at the helm, cant get any better i reckon.
Man what a buzz.

Glad we didnt go home like some others hey Dad ::) ;D .

Man its off to the tackle store for some new BIGGer gear me thinks.

Brett

2DKnBJ
07-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Good on ya Terry

You have come closer than most of us would dream of catching a marlin.
Batter luck next time

Cheers Dazza