PDA

View Full Version : Arvo session Wide/Cal

indy
02-01-2007, 12:02 PM
G'day all

Happy new year

My brother Todd and I headed up to Mooloolabha yesterday leaving my house at around 12.30 in the afternoon with plans on doing an overnighter at ever the barwon banks or wide caloundra depending on the weather conditions.

On arriving at the ramp the wind seemed to be blowing around 15knots of easterly and didn't really have high hopes of getting out to the banks and when we turned the corner out of the harbour the desicion was made to go to wide caloundra as it is 10 mile closer.

Conditions were not the best and we sat on only 15 knots the hole way out. On arriving at the spot the sounder came alive with fish probably the best show i have seen out there and as soon as a bait was dropped we where on to the snapper. We bagged out fairly quickly with the better fish coming on as the sun was dropping.

We also picked up a few pearlies and a trag and moses perch and with the esky looking fairly good and the conditions starting to get worse as the night went on we pulled the pick and headed home to be back at the boat ramp by 10 pm.

First fishing trip for the new year and quite happy with the result with plenty of snapper out there throwing alot of good fish back.

cheers pete...

indy
02-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Me

indy
02-01-2007, 12:03 PM
The Catch

outsiderskip
02-01-2007, 12:40 PM
hi pete
happy new year looks like u got on to a few
happy to catch up with u on the next trip
good fishing

pete

Smailesy
02-01-2007, 04:38 PM
great feed there

Edmo
02-01-2007, 06:16 PM
top feed and somethin to wash it down with too ;D
can`t ask for a better start to the year :)

StevenM
02-01-2007, 07:20 PM
Nice work guys

Wanna hand cleaning catch..will only cost ya a full silver label ;D

DALEPRICE
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM
gday indy,
great looking catch their ;D
was out that way saturday and got onto a few fish as well.
top stuff.
cheers dale

littlemac
03-01-2007, 10:27 AM
Great fish, what did you get the little square one on.

cheers

Brett

snapperm8
03-01-2007, 10:44 AM
awsome bag there mate

cheers dave

larfin
04-01-2007, 05:00 PM
You will catch a wide variety of fisherman with the square lure ;D
cheers
greg

lippa
04-01-2007, 06:32 PM
well done pete, we just got back from stanage bay where it blew nothing under 20knts. should have stayed in the south east by the looks of it!!

cheers

lippa

indy
04-01-2007, 06:48 PM
How did you go up there lippa me and a few mates were thinking of heading up that way sounds like we made the right decision.

Did tony put you up for accomodation, did you get any good muddy's there seems to be a few good ones around at the moment down the pine have a look in the estuary section tomorrow i'll do a post.

It would be good to pick your brain about stanage

cheers pete...

Wayne_Red
04-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Great catch there mate, trips like that make it all worth while and you forget about the bad ones. I see you had the emergeny survival at sea kit.

Good stuff. Wayne

lippa
05-01-2007, 12:06 PM
if ya still got my number pete give me a call!!!!! your boat would have been ok to go out in, mine was just a tad too small. the pro crabbers gave the close area a real touch up before the "ametures" arrived for chrissy holidays!!! still manageda few but. plenty of big jew being caught, but we had our minds squarely focused on the esky by that stage!!!!!!

cheers

lippa

Fixation
05-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Hey Pete,

Nice bag mate. Weathers been so dodgy. Looks like you found the window you needed though. Good pics mate. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Craig.

coastrunner
08-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Hello Pete,

Happy new year,Nice catch good to see all is well out wide..