PDA

View Full Version : Townsville 12th Jan

Rod_Fishing
12-01-2007, 09:30 PM
The morning started slow at home checked the BOM website and saw that there was only gong to be 5 - 10 knot winds. So #rang a mate and of we headed. Got onto the water about 1130am and headed for middle reef after 4 runs form cardinal to cardinal we had boated 1 very nice blue spot trout that went 56cm and 1 very angry baracutta that went 64cm. I was very happy with the trout.

We then headed for the magie shoals. we were greated by a heap of yellow fin tuna had a feild day smashing bait fish they were boling up all around us. Out went the lures and 1 pilly on some gangs. The pilly went off after about 15 minutes chashing the tuna. It took me about 15 - 20 minutes to boat an 89cm yelow fin. that was all we got into the boat but my mate Eric lost 2 and a good afternnon was had by all.

We decided that chasing the tuna wasnt really getting us anywhere so we reeled in and had a little bottom ash for a while with nothing brought into the boat.

We headed back to Middle reef for and troll and nothing. we decided to call it a day about 5:30pm.

In all this has been my most productive day out of Townsville. One day soon I will gather enough courage to hit the reef.

Sorry guy and gals no pics as Erics ran out of batteries before we could get any pics.

Cheers Rod.....

Dr_Dan
12-01-2007, 09:58 PM
at least you getting out for a couple of trips mate. Gotta be happy with that! Looking pretty good for the rest of the weekend still.

Rod_Fishing
13-01-2007, 06:56 AM
Yeah the rest of the weekend would love to be out there, but alas have to do the family thing on land.