PDA

View Full Version : Good Trout story and cray for bugman

devocean
15-01-2007, 05:11 PM
Went out on Sunday for a dive and fish and decide to take the old man as he hadnt been out for a while. Anyway the fishn was slow so jumped over for a dive and on the way out I noticed the old mans bait with a nice big trout staring at it. I decided to leave the trout and head out.

I manged to bag a nice haul of crays and had a run in with a big gold spot cod about 60lb which wanted one of mycrays. He was bigger than my 1.3 m spear gun so I didnt argue and watching him eat it was amazing. I left the big bugger alone and swam back to the boat.

On the way back I see the same bait and the same trout 45 minutes later in the same position. At this point I decided to shoot the fish because I believe the old man had his opportunity.
The old man still claimed it as his though. Overall a good day on the water. Ill add a pic just for you bug man of my biggest cray for the day. Have been catching them by hand lately as they are rowing up and you catnt take them with eggs.

canman
15-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Beaut lookin cray!

Jim_Byrne
15-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Thats a cracker cray!

Very tasty!

Cheers

Jim

skulldrag
15-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Very nice cray mate. There would be some meat in that tail ;)

bugman
25-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Devo,

Good to hear you're still amongst them.

Wouldn't it be good to show everyone on top what we actually see underneath. Most people wouldn't beleive it - probably your old man wouldn't beleive that story that's for sure.

I've only had one cray trip since being down here and the water sure is cold. Got a few craysbut not as many as last time. The size was also down on previous attempts but I guess there were heaps and heaps of small which is good for the future fishery.

I'm looking into a new boat so that will open up the diving opportunities in the coming months.

Keep the posts coming.

Brett

Chrisco_stew
29-01-2007, 03:12 PM
Nice work devo,

That bugman better turn some weather on

Brett:

Is that new boat being purchased before the 10th of feb when I get there.:D :D
Otherwise stock the fridge and freezers and put that baby to bed, cause we'ra comin

;D ;D ;D

Lookin forward to it brother

Chriso

bugman
29-01-2007, 04:49 PM
ha ha, I'm waiting to see you jump in for a swim mate. I'll be ready with the hypothermia blanket!!!

Chrisco_stew
29-01-2007, 06:48 PM
looking for crew for tomorrow!!

Qanas flight 980 gets in at 4am !!

you in?

chriso