PDA

View Full Version : up for lease

Cremated_Reddog
11-09-2001, 11:38 AM
Hi guys, just reading the Qld country life and found an advert to lease lake wivenhoe & lake somerset, maybe the fish stocking groups could get together and put a submission in for then... what do you think or is it to big to handle ??? ??? I cannot comment really as never been to the place, bit hard from newcastle.
Cheers reddog

The_Walrus
11-09-2001, 01:07 PM
The problem with any voluntary organisation putting in for the lease will always be getting enough bodies to mann the place.

If they do it by using an employee, it opens up a whole new set of paper-war ie tax, super, compensation, work health & safety, etc...

They could contract it out but the paper-war is nearly as bad.

I can't see too many voluntary treasurers willing to deal with all that !!!!

Ideally, the local shire should take over the running of the place. After all, it's the local area that benefits from the influx of visitors and fishers

Luc

Brett_Finger
12-09-2001, 02:23 AM
Luc,
good call mate,if local councials got behind programes as such thay would realise the huge benafits the comunity could recive in return for there support and involvemant!!!
oh yah... tell them to stock the dams with....BARRA.....
now how did you know i was going to type that ;D
Hookin, Brett

The_Walrus
12-09-2001, 07:42 AM
Brett,

Look at all the improvements at Boodooma Dam since the local shire took over the running of the place. I beleive a fair wack of the $$ were from a fed govt? rural development program.

New amenities area, old one to be rebuilt & doubled, self-contained cabins, new camping sites, the list goes on..

They fully realise the importance of the tourist fishers and by upgrading all the facilities, especially self contained cabins, more will fish there especially if mum knows that there is good accom.

I can imagine what spendinng a few $$$ at Kirkleigh would do for the place. Kilcoy shire it's up to you!!!!

Luc

Brian
12-09-2001, 08:49 AM
I had my say on the current lot running of these impoundments at Baffle ck ;D ;D , Hopefully the local councils will get involved as it will be to much for a voluntary group to take on.

Shit who started this hell i feel the blood boiling again. :-[ :-[

Time to move on :-X

Brett_Finger
12-09-2001, 10:22 AM
Brian,
Mate ya mean that it wasn't a thunder storm at baffle??? ;D
Hookin, Brett

Fitzy
12-09-2001, 10:51 AM
Hi Guys,
Being on that particular stocking group for Somerset & Big W, I can tell you were considered putting in for the lease at Kirkleagh. As mentioned, it is far too much work for less than a dozen active members to undertake, especially on a voluntary basis.
Some good points raised there fellas, & it is worth noting that in a recent QFS survey, Lake Somerset is proven to be the 4th most fished body of water in all Qld. :o Imagine the impact if this lake had access restriced or more facilities lost due to rationalization by SEQWCorp.
There was also an option given to the stocking group to take over the running of Billies Bay/Hays Landing area at Wivenhoe. We have also declined this offer due to the strict restrictions & cost that were to be imposed by the SEQWCorp. We intended to allow the public continued access to these areas but were told that this would not be allowed. ???
It now looks like public access to Billes Bay & Hays Landing will be a think of the past. I wonder how long it will be before someone is drowned on this massive lake due to flat batteries. It's a long way from Logans to Platypus Cliffs by electric thruster only!
These lakes are set to boom in the next couple of years due to the funds from the Stocked Impoundment Permit.

The_Walrus
12-09-2001, 01:59 PM
Fitzy,

Have to agree with you re SEQWC, I can see it "yes of course someone can take over the running of these place as soon as the small matter of a contract is signrd." with more pages than the bible that leave leave you with less room to move than a white overcoat.

But hey if they're quized, SEQWC can say "we tried but no one was interested.

It's time all fishers jumped up and down on our pollies so that both SEQWC and SUNWATER copped one fair up the ###.

Luc

Brian
12-09-2001, 06:09 PM
;D ;D twas only a minor rumble there big fella :D :D, I can only imagine the restrictions this lot would have on anyone that takes up a lease.

As luc says they will say no one was interested and more than likely shut the place.

There yeah go again the bloods on the boil again :-[ :-[

See yeah at the boat show Brett.