PDA

View Full Version : Mangrove Jacks

skales
14-11-2001, 04:59 PM
::) Can anyone tell me do Jacks become more aggressive during muddy water run off { rain } or back right off to a placid mood ?. 8) 8) 8) Also do they remain in the same area or travel down stream to escape the dirty water ?

Brett_Finger
15-11-2001, 08:45 AM
Mate,
personaly i have found that the jack do not seem to mind the dirty water have taken them in brown muddy crap plenty of thimes and they sem to nail the artifical the same as in the clear water.use a rattlin lure with plenty of bight clour,the reidy's M2 clour has been a sucessfull one for me.
Hookin,Brett

Travis
15-11-2001, 04:44 PM
skales the water was pretty ugly tuesday and l still rolled a couple of jackys(yeah l'm weak) both were hooked on the dark gold reidy's deep tiapan.So merky water gave the fish a little more freedom to came out away from the snags..

Travis

Steve_Ooi
15-11-2001, 05:24 PM
Just to add to what the other guys have stated , murky water doesn’t tend to effect them to much. By murky I don’t mean water that has the consistency of ultra thick mud. Typically on some day I prefer the water not to be really clear for much the same reason Travis has stated, jack will come off the snags a bit more..
Jacks tend to be a bit spooky and the murky water allows for you to get more casts in with out scaring fish, the water condition do well in hiding a 30 –40 lb leader as well..Jacks also being ambush feeders will use the cover of murky water to their advantage in stalking prey, they will come out in the open more and at times will more readily hit a lure…
I have quite good success after a bit of rain, in fact it rained in Cairns today and I nailed two small jacks on lures…tarpon seem to like a bit of rain as well…
Typically jacks don’t like river system that stay close to thick muddy condition most of times, as sediment and lower oxygen levels can have an adverse effect on their health.

Cheers Poony