PDA

View Full Version : fishing logs

fisho
16-11-2001, 10:17 AM
I currently place all info after a fishing trip in a hand written diary. I have heard around the traps that people are using fishing logs on their computers to keep this information. I would certainly prefer to store the information on my computer in a log format and am wondering if there are already any fishing logs out there that I could use as I am no computer whiz. Any info appreciated.

imported_admin
16-11-2001, 11:04 AM
Hi

A couple of products on the market that I know of -

1. Australian Fishing Predictor http://www.ausfish.com.au/books/cdroms.htm

2. Ken Fox's Fishing Log

Luke
16-11-2001, 01:41 PM
Fisho,
I have made my own using excel including times,tide,moon,rig,bait/lure,weather,location,temp(humidity,wind,rainfall etc.) just in a basic column format. It has certainly helped me in my local areas. I have a lot of mates that won't go fishing because" There's nothing out there and I get sick of waiting for nothing" but the more I get in tune with certain areas the better I go. Makes me smile when things go radical. Still wish I could see they're faces. I face a fact that I play a sport I can't always win because my adversaries won't always play the game.I reckon it's a sport of people who just can't give up. Good stuff hey.
Cheers Luke

Fitzy
16-11-2001, 04:11 PM
Hi

A couple of products on the market that I know of -

1. Australian Fishing Predictor http://www.ausfish.com.au/books/cdroms.htm

2. Ken Fox's Fishing Log

Steve, How do you use the Aust Fishing Predictor as a log? I've got it & have never seen that option. However, I am a dopey bugger at times.

fitz

Heath
18-11-2001, 05:04 PM
YOu don't need to spend a 100 bucks to get a log. Excel will do it nicely. I too just have the columns set up so I can record the info, that I find usefull. If you like, I can email you a copy, all set ready to go, all you gotta do is fill in the blanks :P

Old_Fart
19-11-2001, 01:41 PM
Several years ago I purchesed the Fishing Log programme put out by Ken Fox. At the time I was doing a lot of outside and Morteon Bay fishing.
As well as having all the columbs an Excell Spreadsheet would give you, there were other fields.
For example there is a range of maps that you can use for your area. There is also provision for you to enter GPS marks etc which come up on the map.
This allows you to select a "Route" for entry into your GPS for a forth coming trip.
These days I am into freshwater fishing. The later versions of the Fishing Log also have maps of the dams.
Each year an update is posted to me, with a full list of tide heights and times etc.
A couple of times my computer has crashed over the years. A call to Ken Fox has me up and running on the programme in no time. He is an easy bloke to talk to.
Like any programme you are only going to get out of it what you put in.
Obviously I reccommend the $99 programme as it is so simlple.
Cu.
Bruce.