PDA

View Full Version : Where are you going for Xmas ?

Lucky_Phill
13-11-2001, 06:04 PM
Well people, the festive season is getting closer. I hope by now most of you fishos have made plans. I have chosen Hervey Bay this year. Taking the family and the tent and the Stessl and parking meself at Torquay. A week in this place should have it sorted out for return trips throughout the year. Been advised to take some poppa's. I'd like to know where everyone else is going this year, and maybe we can get a report on what you all got up to.

Katrina
13-11-2001, 07:02 PM
;D Awoonga! (and Gladstone)

Wassa
14-11-2001, 07:42 AM
Going to my caravan at Laurieton on the NSW Holiday Coast.

I hear that the Lizards are biting, the Jews are about and also the whiting should be on by then. Also, if the weather is good, I just know that there will be some nice reds outside waiting for me.

Have a great silly season everyone!!!!!!!!!!

Yours in fishing.

Wassa

Lucky_Phill
16-11-2001, 01:07 PM
Thanks Katrina and Wassa for your input. looks like people aren't going away at Xmas. To date 35 visits and only 2 replies. Common' people, don't be shy.

Katrina, I believe is gets pretty hot in Gladstone that time of year ????

And to Wassa, go get them crocs ;)

Luke
16-11-2001, 01:18 PM
Gday Phill,
I didn't want to reply because unfortunately I'm going to work just like every other Xmas but must keep the wheel spinning.
Cheers Luke

adrian
16-11-2001, 04:53 PM
hi gang going to try a few spots near noosa have read the info on the boards hope to catch a few fish too
does anyone have contacts in the bus industry as I'm looking for work during the school hoildays have hr licence and authority and 5 five years exp.brisbane based ? P.M me if you can help out or post here
the fishing is keeping me broke . #>:( can some one let a bit of water out so theres a little less between the fish #:) have a merry christmas everyone
anzac

gunna
17-11-2001, 06:17 AM
Two weeks at Ballina where I am gunna catch my first lizards on lures. Can't wait.

hungry6
17-11-2001, 01:46 PM
me, i'm off to Brampton islands and the surrounding beaches, i have a few scores to settle with a few jack and barra. ohhh me, my mate and a millions sandflies, it brings tears to your eyes doesn't it.

webby
17-11-2001, 03:03 PM
8) 8) alrite phill i'll give u a reply, seeing as u answer my
bait exam, i off to good old bowen my old home town,
chase a few spaniards and hit the reefs just off town, me
brother got a boat up there so will use it., mite even hunt a
few muddies.
brian ;D ;D

matt_fraser
18-11-2001, 06:37 PM
G'day Phil,

Its now up to 70 views and eight replies. So I just thought I'd tell you that I'll be back in SEQ mid December after four months in Bougainville(just North of the Solomon Islands). The fishing is fantastic over here. But I'll be keen to mix it with the SEQ Bass and Mangrove Jack population and I might even try and get a few trips out with Smithy and his mates chasing Billfish and other pelagics. Good luck in Hervey Bay.

Matt

Katrina
19-11-2001, 11:29 AM
:o Lucky Phil, I heard that Barra like it hot, so I reckon we can handle it!!! ;DHave to have a siesta in the middle of the day, though! :P

Lucky_Phill
26-11-2001, 11:20 AM
Good to see some replies commin in !!! Sorry to hear that you are working Luke :'( It looks as if a lot of people are going away for the break. Hope you all do as good as can be expected in the Silly Season. Please folks, take care over the hols, enjoy a beer or two, but in the right place. We'd like to see you all back here after Xmas. And I believe that Katrina is going to post some ripper pics of her Barra ;)

Like most of you, I consider myself the average " Yobbo " fisho, who'll get onto the water at the lamest excuse. But I'd like to hear from people that set out over Xmas, target a particular fish and have their plan come together. I usually go out and hope to get a feed. But I would hope that all the info I have harvested over the year through this site and in Mags, and on tele, will have sunk in and my homework pays off. Having said that, I am really just looking forward to getting away from the city, and enjoying the company of strangers in another place who are there to do the same as me....... RELAX !!!!!!!!! 8)

BOMBER
26-11-2001, 03:38 PM
Hi All,

I will be heading up to Faust dam west of proserpine to try and tackle one of my all time favourite fish Barra.

Regards,

THE BOMBER.

Brett_Finger
26-11-2001, 04:02 PM
Mate,
barra and jacks in bundy for a week, then off to faust with harro for a week onthe Barra up there ;Dyah,yah it's a hard life 8)
Hookin,Brett

The_Walrus
26-11-2001, 04:19 PM
xmas at home with the relies, newyear at home then the rest of the week at Boondooma.

If Boondooma is a no go, then a couple of days at Lake Monduran.

Luc

adza
26-11-2001, 05:18 PM
Hi all, I might head out to leslie dam and try to give the freshwater fishing scene a try. The kids have been on my back about camping so mix that with a few fish and you have one great holiday.

Cheers adza ;D

Rosso
27-11-2001, 10:01 AM
BP Dam probably...

Hunt for the big bass and the togas.:)

benny
28-11-2001, 04:17 PM
Phil
Me myself & i not to mention the missus & kids & i suppose a third of the SEQ population .We hope to spend a week down the pin and if we are fortunate enough to catch a fish thats a bonus
# # #benny

Luke
05-12-2001, 10:51 AM
Merry Xmas Phil and all at Ausfish,
hope you all enjoy a well earned holiday and have a safe one. No problems Phil, for me it's the best time of year to be at work. :)
Cheers Luke

fisho
06-12-2001, 08:55 AM
ill be hangin around home (mooloolaba) chasing spotties and other assorted goodies! 8)

johndory
06-12-2001, 09:31 AM
I'm thinking of going up to Agnes Waters and was wondering if anyone here has been there or knows what the fishing is like and what species are commonly targeted.

Any info would be great.

Thanks from an eager amateur,

John.

Muzzy
06-12-2001, 12:39 PM
will be drinking beer my man...

will leave the real hard fishing till say easter time when the term "run off" comes in to play...

will no doubt keep myself sane by fishing the darwin harbor and surrounds, get the shakes when its to long between barra!

Esme
06-12-2001, 04:48 PM
We are going camping at Baffle Creek over Xmas -- we are new to the area, so we'll be exploring too. I just hope we can 'pig out' on chillied crab!!! :P Merry Xmas everyone. Esme

Slates
07-12-2001, 08:27 AM
G'day all.
Unfortunately I'll be camped in sunnny Geelong for the xmas break. :P
Might pop along to the boxing day test though! 8)

Cheers, Slates ;D

Brett_Finger
09-12-2001, 03:32 AM
We are going camping at Baffle Creek over Xmas -- we are new to the area, so we'll be exploring too. #I just hope we can 'pig out' on chillied crab!!! #:P #Merry Xmas everyone. #Esme

Esme, the "Baf" is my home creek,beware the many ROCK BARS,as these have claimed many props :'(
includeing many of mine and i fish it 3 times a week from the motuh to the top side of the esendine bridge.
also watch out for the "Share Farmers" thay don't care who's pots thay empty. >:(
Hookin,Brett

Esme
09-12-2001, 05:03 PM
thanks Brett, for your advice -- how far up is the esendine bridge about? I've got an aerial map of the Baffle -- do you recommend any map/chart in particular? Esme

fatman
10-12-2001, 06:35 PM
Hi guys, #8)
I will be on the NSW Central Coast (The Entrance) over new year. Fishing Lake Maquarie around Pullbah Island and if mum will babysit the young-uns, grab the missus and nick up to Glenbawn Dam for a day or two.
have a safe and happy xmas everyone ;D
cheers
FATMAN

Simon
13-12-2001, 10:40 AM
I'm thinking of going up to Agnes Waters and was wondering if anyone here has been there or knows what the fishing is like and what species are commonly targeted. #

Any info would be great.

Thanks from an eager amateur,

John.

I too am going to agnes water/1770 ;D ;D ;D hopefully will also get up to awoonga for a session.

John,

there is all the usual estuary species, and if the weather is good you can have a shot at the pelagics( mackeral tuna trevally etc) off the headlands . I don't know of any reefs etc. as I have previously been land bound so am looking forward to some exploring. I also believe there are some no crabbing creeks so check that out before you drop anypots.

Cheers

Simon.

shano
17-12-2001, 07:55 AM
Well me,the mrs and the little one are going to battle it out trying to find a spot at rainbow beach i spose it is good in a way to see that no one else here is going up that way maybe there might be a good spot left this year
cheers shano

p.s keep ya all posted how it all went!

adrian
19-12-2001, 04:54 AM
hi guys
for all you going to 1770 way check out their web site for some gps marks for the loacl reefs
have a great xmas all
anzac