PDA

View Full Version : No more fishing videos allowed???

Fitzy
29-12-2001, 04:38 PM
Please read the following Press Release by Qlds Minister for Primary Industries & Rural Communities Henry Palaszczuk.

Code of practice for animals in film and TV

The Queensland Government has released a draft code of practice for the use of animals in film and television, which the Government believes should form the basis for a national standard.

Primary Industries Minister Henry Palaszczuk said today the work developing the code was initiated following complaints about an incident where a pig was apparently stabbed to death on Survivor II, which was filmed in Queensland and screened earlier this year.

"There is no code of practice for the use of animals in film and television in Australia. #I believe a code would not only provide guidance for those industries, but establish a standard to safeguard the welfare of animals used in film and television," he said.

"Although there are some guidelines in other states, Queensland is developing comprehensive standards in consultation with the film and television industries and animal welfare groups."

Mr Palaszczuk said the code was proposed to apply to the production of films for cinema, television, recreational or educational purposes including features, documentaries, videos and commercials.

The overriding principles of the draft code are:
- No animal must be killed or injured for the sake of a film.
- If an animal needs to be treated inhumanely to perform, then that animal must not be used.
- Animals are not props! #If an animal is used off camera as background or to attract the attention of an animal being filmed, the same humane guidelines must apply to that animal.

Media contact: Kirby Anderson 0418 197 350

That don't read good for those that enjoy watching Brownie, Rex, Creek to Coast or any of the dozens of Harros vids. #:-/
Onya Henry, sold out to the minority lobby groups yet again I see!!!
Fitzy..

Jason_L
29-12-2001, 04:55 PM
was just about to say the same.. bout your last statement about tv shows killing animals... rex hunt and other stuff...

also. is it such a big deal. a Wild Pig is considered a pest and should be destroyed for the safety of native animals...
so technically they were doing australia a favour.

with all these stupid bloody rules and stuff. i've got one to add.... Up where we have our beach house the last x amount of years the rules for having a ATV (Quad) was that u had to have a permit and insurance. at a cost of $n.....
now if you get caught riding one around it's a fine of about $1000 until the stupid Minister for Transport for qld makes a new rule for it.....

Bloody hell how many rules do we need.. This lil beach town only has 1 bituman road. and your lucky to get 1 car driving down it every 1/2 hour. and it only takes about 3 mins to get to the offroad tracks....IT'S BLOODY CRAP......

sorry. had to say that. just to let my anger out about the goverment and thier &*#@ rules.

krazyfisher
29-12-2001, 05:13 PM
something has to be done sooner or later everytime I turn on the tele or open a book someone has made it harder to catch a fish, where I can fish and now I cann't watch others catch fish either. I did not know I was such a bad person and the things I enjoyed were so wrong. Maybe I should take up golf or am I going to kill grass. >:(

Rumpig
29-12-2001, 06:15 PM
Jason, This is a true story.
A farmer had been doing some general maintainance near the front of his property when he noticed a couple of his cattle wandering on the road, he shot out the gate, pushed them back throught the hole in the fence that they came through and fixed the hole.
As he was riding back to his gate a couple of cop cars cruised past. He took no notice of them and rode up to is house, when he got off and turned round there were the cops lights blazing behind him!

He got charged with riding an unregistered vehicle on the road, riding without a helmet and resisting arrest.

He took them to court and ended up with 6mnths good behaviour.

How's that for a big steaming pile of politics!

Everyone knows that you can't muster cattle on foot or in a ute and that by getting the cattle off the road the bloke was taking a potential risk for drivers off the road.

Mick

Randall
30-12-2001, 03:42 AM
That sucks bigtime mate!!
As you know, Brownie and I have just started documenting our fishing adventures on video, the real nuts and bolts type of fishing most average joe blow has indicated they want to see.
Should this legislation be accepted and passed and enforced, it serverely limits the sort of footage that could be shown on ours, and any commercial shows that are currently seen.
As we have no commercial interest in presenting or selling our fishing videos to the general population, I think it wont really affect us. However, we do show our adventures at the presentations we do for the HOL gear. I`m not sure how this will all work in the future should the bill be passed.
It will be interesting to see what happens.

Regards, Randall. (Nuts and Bolts Productions) ;-)

Luke
30-12-2001, 03:53 AM
All politics hey. Off the track a bit but we had a autographed breaker girls poster in the office that had to come down in case it offended some. I hope these same people don't recieve underwear catalogues from Kmart in the mail and God forbid they ever visit a beach. Bugger the pig, I didn't think it was for the sake of the film - I thought these survivors looked genuinely starved. Yeh I admit I watched it.
Luke

Rumpig
31-12-2001, 06:31 PM
Randall, you going to enter the seedy world of black market fishing videos ;) ;)
Where abouts are they shot?

Mick

Randall
01-01-2002, 04:19 AM
Black Market fishing Vids huh? Sounds like a good idea to me!!!
Might start a whole new trade?

So far we onl;y have 2 vids....Upper Brissy River Bass Luring........
Middle Brissy River Sharkin.

Our third will be filmed from Jan at Peter Faust going for Barra.
As I`ve previously said, this footage is warts and all, good stuff though, and interesting.

Regards, Randall.

Lucky_Phill
04-01-2002, 07:16 AM
I am sick and tired of these, shandy drinking, skirt wearing, bed wetting, limp wristed, desk jockying, try hard do gooders, sticking their noses in where it doesn't belong, just to make a name for themsleves.

Maybe we are having a kneejerk reaction here !!! ???

Let's get it quite clear, " for the sake of a film " is the wording. So , if some one ( Rexy Boy ) is out fishing with his mates ( all 2 of them ;D ) and he just happens to have a vid with him, does he take some footage of the fish catching ? Of course. These shows aren't just for the sole purpose of catching fish, there's cleaning, boats, tackle, weather, the whole bloody box and dice, so the say " for the sake of the film", is a nonsense here.

Let's take our training videos for the beef slaughter industry, chicken processing industry, fish processing industry ????????????????????????? hey ! henry ?

The doco's like " world around us " , " The Blue Planet ". Let's not mention the comercials for one of the worlds best fishing areas.......NT " barra" jumping around on the end of a lure???????????? And I suppose the censors will have a field day with Trout and Salmon fishing in NZ Tour promos.

" Come to Cairns for Marlin fishing ", but we can't show you the video as a fish maybe be hurt during the filming. :P.

This, I am afraid gentlemen ( and ladies ) is a joke. It is not intended for the Brownies and Rex's of this country.

We have a representative body ( like them or not ) in Sunfish, this group represents about 800,000 fishoes throughtout QLD, either directly or indirectly. I am sure they will have lots to say on this matter. But for now, to clarify this " Red Herring " please email:-

callweb@dpi.qld.gov.au Attn. Henry Palaszczuk

Express your concern about this press release and any other matter you feel needs his attention, regarding fishing in particular. As a major contributor to Governments coffers and informed voters, we as recreational fishermen, have a voice, and it will be heard. Happy New Year all ;)

Jason_L
04-01-2002, 01:40 PM
we could really make this topic huge.. imagine all the things we could complain about.

totally off the fishing topic. but the new Registered Post forms. they went from being a photo size to being an A4 size. some government boy obviously had nothing better to do one day so he sat down and rewrote a form. for some reason i don't think KISS (keep it simple stupid) referrs to government employees..

when did the government change from "listening to the people" to "doing what we think is best for the people" ?

all these rules. i don't think australia is the free country it use to be.