PDA

View Full Version : Back from Hols ?

Lucky_Phill
04-01-2002, 07:32 AM
8) 8) 8) Well , the trip to Hervey Bay was great, Fishing was poor :'( Northerlies 20 knots every day :-[ Got out once to Duck Island for 1/2 an hour b4 the wind came up. Then shot over to Kingfisher Bay for the forcast NE ers. HUH !!! NW and straight into the beach. Managed, Gar, Tailor, Bream, Moses Perch ( fingermark ) and something zipped off with my floating gar ??? Coming back from Kingfisher in a 4.1 tinnie in NW 20 knots was not my idea of fun. Hervey Bay is a friendly " slow " town, and I mean that in the nicest way. People are great, fishing will be great in better weather, done the day trip to Fraser in the Jackaroo 8) Lake McKenzie, Central Station, Eurong, Happy Valley, Kingfisher, etc etc. If any of ya's are up there, go down to the Trawler wharfs, 80lb handline, large green peeled prawn, 6/0 hook, drop in and hang on..tight !!!
Do this at night. ;) I also visited Burrum Heads, Toogom, Point Vernon and Gatakers Bay. It's not that far to drive, and the fishing can be excellent there, ( if you can get out ). It was hot up there as well as down here I believe, so the Goldies went down rather nicely thanks ;D Now for more reports please ?

Katrina
04-01-2002, 04:53 PM
;) I posted mine. Check the AWOONGA ADVENTURE!!!

Lucky_Phill
06-01-2002, 04:26 PM
OK ;D