nominate a weekend (with boundaries,size limits,catch and
release etc) could be Salt First and later in the year a Fresh
Challenge. Could turn out to be a yearly event "The Ausfish
Challenge". Just thought I'd put it forward and see what
response came back.
regards

Katrina
06-01-2002, 05:49 PM
;) Sounds like a good idea - hope others think the same! Let us know how it goes!!

Luke
06-01-2002, 06:09 PM
Maybe even just a trophy night afterwards would be allright. Sounds like a good idea Webby.

Jason_L
06-01-2002, 07:02 PM
good idea. i'd come down for that if that was possible.
but would only be able to compete if it was in teams as i don't know the b'bane fishing area.

Chris_J
06-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Sounds bloody good to me:) Count me in. I'm up for any fishing/meeting and talking fishin' with other anglers any day.

DAM GOOD IDEA

CJ

shano
07-01-2002, 07:00 AM
excelent idea count me in for that one lets hope it gets off the ground!!! ;) :D

adrian
07-01-2002, 11:43 AM
sounds like a winner let us know the date and where 8)
anzac

Simon
08-01-2002, 05:07 AM
Work willing,

I'm in

Cheeers

Simon

Cremated_Reddog
08-01-2002, 07:29 AM
I see no comment from the ausfish mob, maybe if they weren't always gallavanting around the country side fishin then maybe they would take up the challenge.... being an honorary cane toad from Wednesday I'd have to help the Ausfish boys out as they are lacking in numbers. And why are they cause they keep pissin off to catch more fish :P
C'mon Steve take up the challenge...

Cheers
Reddog

imported_admin
08-01-2002, 08:53 AM
Webby

Sounds like a great idea. Would probably be better as a social get together for people to meet others rather than a competition. The problem seems to be with a competition is that as soon as it is a fishing competition all the legal ramifications, and insurance would be required, etc, etc. Will get more advise on this over the next few days.

If it is a social get together organised amongst a group of people then there is no legal or insurance problems. I feel it would also be a more relaxed get together as there is no pressure on anyone to perform or fish in unfamiliar waters. Those that simply want to put a face to some names and have a chat, swap some tips and stories can enjoy the day as much as those that wish to have a fish.

Others thoughts on this are most welcome, please post here and we will see what the majority would like.

Cremated_Reddog
08-01-2002, 12:12 PM
Yep agree with you Steve, only cause I couldn't catch fish to save my own life ;D....well that's what my mates down here say. I'll come see you on friday more and likely....

Reddog

Luke
08-01-2002, 01:33 PM
Hey Steve,
I reckon it would be a lot of work and I agree a social outing would be enjoyable and like you said to put faces to the names. Summer sausage sizzle or something maybe with you deciding what to do with any profits. Back into the site or charity etc.
Luke

adrian
08-01-2002, 01:55 PM
hi steve
sounds like a bbq get to know everyone is a great idea as the rest have said better than trying to catch fish in an unknown area . let us know when if work don't get in the way i'll be there even if a byo everything
anzac

webby
08-01-2002, 03:09 PM
Seems to be a good response so far, time will tell.
My thoughts were not for any full-0n Fishing Comp, as I have
been in a few and no what all the ramafictations would be
Though just a fishing tripto a prescribe locations, for those
that dont know the area, 1. either tag along in their own
boats or 2. hitch a ride with someone who knows the area
It who have to estuary as not everyone has the capabilites
to go into the bay or offshore. The prizes idea was maybe
for the boat #or team that brought #in the biggest species or something to that effect, with all catches having to be 2-3cm
over the legal requirements ,was not looking for a full on massacre for anyone to prove a point as who is best. the day #would only be for those members #of ausfish and families,
Ausfish and its Moderators could marry up a few team and
the remainder would, as long as they left some
challenge, its up to the majority who intend to attend.
Areas like the Pin or Broadwater would be ideal, with plenty
of access points and bbq areas.
regards

Brett_Finger
08-01-2002, 04:53 PM
sounds like a good idea, a get toughter would be better than a comp for sure.
hookin,Brett 8)

Touchy - R.I.P.
09-01-2002, 02:10 AM
Steve,A suitable date/location for me & I'm in with perhaps a spare seat in my Quinnie.Cheers T.

Lucky_Phill
10-01-2002, 04:21 PM
Ok Webby, the pressure got to me. I know a couple of the faces here, and let me tell you, they're pretty rough ;) All this sounds good. Run this up the flag pole and see if it flys ? Australia Day weekend.....Camp at Somerset Dam. Let the freshies teach the salties how to fly cast. Dry land casting comps, kids sack races, piggy back the missus around the traps, sausgae sizzle, Moderators to do a talk at night, share a coldie or two and set a date for the Ausfish Teams clean Moreton Bay day, Shoot, I'm even doing a trip to PCB, Kurrimine, Pancake Creek and other areas over the next 2 years, so info can be swaped ( not wives ) ;D
What ever turns up out of this effort, I should be there. Good post Webby :) And Steve, I'll post a pic of me boat in Ausfish colours, soon. 8)

Chris_J
10-01-2002, 04:46 PM
Lucky Phill I like your idea of somerset If its in freshwater i have 2 spare seats in my hornet.....but the salty stuff hmmmmmmmm not so sure i would take the old horny in... I'm not a salty sorta person so..... :-/

Bloody great idea Webby

Cheers
Chris wishin i was fishin' Jowett ;)

shano
10-01-2002, 06:21 PM
sounds great but some people dont have boats or dont know people with them ??? (as some @**$%#@ stole my boat) maybe a land based spot like lucly_phill said sounds great where in!!

Chris_J
10-01-2002, 07:41 PM
Hey shano I can most likely give u a run round i my boat with me if u would like???? Hey just an offer feel free to take it.
Where did ur boat get flogged from??? If u ever catch'em give a kick from all of us who fish ok? ;)

CJ

shano
11-01-2002, 06:35 AM
thanks chris will take up the offer never one to knock one back... the boat got taken from my old place at runcorn on nemies rd which is kind of a main road opposite a primary school. it happened in daylight hours like about 11 am.as usual no one saw anything. it was chained up to a big tree and also padlocked on the hitch.they cut both .....15.5ft boat gone, no insurance,havent heard anything, and the rest is history! :'( >:( but if i catch them not only will they get a kick from "every fisho"(as you said!) but a nice sized base ball bat where there eyes used to be ha ha !
cheers shano!

Fitzy
11-01-2002, 04:17 PM
Hi Webby,
Great idea mate!!! ;D
I'll have to throw the ball into Steves court as he's the boss round these parts, but I'll throw me support behind the idea.
No doubt I will be talking to Steve in the next few days on the bog & bone so I'll bounce some ideas off his head.

Reddog. Mate we gotta go fishing occasionally :P. Did ok on the cod etc. Will post a report up & put some more details in the next Bush N Beach if I make the cut.

Moderators giving talks??? Crickey, have you seen our heads? Pretty ugly bunch we are. I'm game but I recon it might be everyone else showin me the good tips. 8)

On the subject of insurance etc, I'm pretty sure that it only becomes an official comp if money changes hands. Like I said, its Steve's call.

Cheers All,

Fitzy..

Brett_Finger
11-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Not to keen on a comp but a fish is good!!! ;D
and i gotta agree with the Fitz, were not the smoothest folk on the eye. :P
great idea for a great weekend!!!!!
Hookin,Brett(The Big fella)

Katrina
11-01-2002, 05:55 PM
;) Great ideas, just make a decision soon as we are working out what do that weekend very shortly. Been tossing up between a Western rivers trip, or Wide bay area, possibly Inskip. Have to see how the money goes!!! :P

adrian
20-01-2002, 12:59 PM
hi gang
hows about on the beach at comslie on the brisbane river ( this is an idea only ) .a boat ramp nearby and it has bbqs and parklands for the kids . its a start lets see what everyone else thinks

anzac

krazyfisher
22-01-2002, 04:26 PM
What about the ones that can not drive the 12hours to have a fish with the rest of you? Why cann't we fish as well if you pick the time maybe a day we all could fish all across australia as we can now post pics of our catches say give everyone 1 week after the date to post pic's and this way invole everyone from the site? What do you all think?