PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Dairy

dazza
24-01-2002, 03:15 AM
Does anyone know of a decent program for keeping fishing records. Used one years ago but it didn't really do what I wanted it to do. Are there programs that collate tides times and fish caught, weather conditions, barometric pressures etc. I recon it would be good to be able to telll that at spot X in these conditions things were going off, or at spot x in these conditions it was shut down. The beauty about this type of info is in trip planning and site selection.
Cheers
Dazza

Katrina
24-01-2002, 05:05 PM
;D #Don't think you'll find the fishing too good in the dairy!! MOO!!LOL

Lucky_Phill
24-01-2002, 05:34 PM
Well dazza, the best way to plan a fishing trip, is look at a calender, find a day the ends in " y '. #And go fishing #;D

Seriously, I believe that a diary / log is advertised in the Bush " N " Beach mag. #Haven't seen it in action. # But I do know what your getting at in trying to plan a trip.

More planning is needed if going offshore than estuary or Bay. #I believe in the Moon phases, #tides, and the Maori system. #Throw in time of year, water temp, wind direction, type of prefered bait, current, #and you have one hell of a time figuring out when to go. # ???

I think what is neede is to sit down at the end of the month, look at next months moons, tides, etc and circle dates on the Calender. #Prior to the dates, check wind and swell, and hope for the rest. # #;D

If you can't find a diary, make one and sell it on the net #;)

And by the way,,,, Good one Katrina ( dairy ) :P Moo you RAOFLMAO

The_Walrus
24-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Hi Dazza,

I've seen one advertised in mags (can't recall which). Seem ok from the advertising blurt.

you might try looking in Modern Fishing, Aust Angler, Bush N Beach & Qld (& NSW) Fishing Monthly.

Luc

dazza
25-01-2002, 04:00 AM
Thanks guys,
All of what you mentioned Phill would go into it. Figuring out when to go is easy. 24 hours a day 7 days a week, but bloody work gets in the way. Would be good to do a search of the records and see that at this time last year/month this happened at spot x. Have heard of guys with 20 years of DIARY records. Might have to have a fiddle around with a database, the only thing is to get it to sort the information so it is useful.
Cheers
Dazza
p.s when we were kids we used to go yabbying in the water trough at a mates dairy and get a good feed.
Is there a spell checker on this thing????? ;D ;D ;D ;D

mossy43
25-01-2002, 06:31 PM
Dazza there is a program called “Fishing Log” by Ken Fox the cost is about $100 and you can find it at http://www.marinews.com/fishing/#######/#######.htm it has a fishing log as well as maps for all over Australia where you can enter your GPS Marks and loads more. I have one and use it all the time. Cheers Mossy